• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you love to collect?

I've always tried to collect money... yet I fail miserably at it.

All joking aside; I don't really collect anything, just for the sake of collecting. Granted I have a few things that might look more like I'm hoarding, cause I don't do a lot with it. That being tabletop wargaming figures. But I guess to anyone not into that hobby any amount would already look like hoarding and collecting.

As a kid I collected stamps and coins, since they were easy to come by. Especially coins. My parents always have friends who travelled so they'd often bring some coins back. Yet the notion of collecting coins by year and such wasn't something I did. I just wanted to have a coin of every value of any country (well, "any"; I guess the regular ones. As a kid I didn't have the money to buy some kind of exclusive commemorative coin that was worth a lot)

If it were up to me I'd collect supplements (bodybuilding supplements) - I'm quite obsessed by them.

But since we don't have the money for me to do this I just spend a lot of time researching them.

If it were up to me I'd collect supplements (bodybuilding supplements) - I'm quite obsessed by them.

But since we don't have the money for me to do this I just spend a lot of time researching them.

But wouldn't you actually use them?

From my understanding, collecting always seemed like gathering stuff for the sake of collecting. Just to have it. Such supplements probably have a use and an expiration date. And I guess in a sense they're edibles, which makes me think that you will use them (assuming you're into bodybuilding and such).

I collect baseball caps, not for actual teams but for various farm related themes, tractor brands, fertilizers, seed companies ect. Then I have my good size model train collection, I started with the ones I first had as a child that were long lost to time, after I found and bought those, I moved on to whatever I see that I like and can afford. Mike

But wouldn't you actually use them?

From my understanding, collecting always seemed like gathering stuff for the sake of collecting. Just to have it. Such supplements probably have a use and an expiration date. And I guess in a sense they're edibles, which makes me think that you will use them (assuming you're into bodybuilding and such).

Some I'd use but in an ideal world I'd just collect them to look at them.

I collect stupid things(according to my wife). I do not have any idea how many golf clubs I have, yet I only play with one set. I just like them. The other thing is firearms, mostly hand guns. I don't hunt, but I do shoot them. Nobody needs 20+ guns. I just like them.

As a kid, stamps, postcards, dead insects, stones, interesting widgets left on the road.

Now, coins/notes, books (don't let me near a bookshop, I buy more than I can read) and broken electronics that one day I hope to either fix or salvage parts from.

Foreign coins. Especially from countries/governments which no longer exist.

Fridge magnets of places I've visited. When I was a kid i collected coins and stamps also UK pop magazines "No 1" "Smash Hits" and "record Mirror" also records. I would love to collect more crystals and precious stones but i can't afford so many (Yet).

Stories, well, peoples stories. For some unknown reason total strangers like to tell me about their life, over the years I have collected so many stories all stored in my head :)

My close friend calls me 'Harrypedia' (maybe I should move him down the list)

I collect pics of storm clouds, (some of which I take myself), lightning, and tornadoes. I guess you could say I'm a storm nerd, lol! :tonguewink: Lighthouses and ocean waves also.

Yarn skeins! All different colors and textures of yarns. I think they're just as pretty as the finished products!

image.jpg

I may never leave this thread - I can't stop looking at that picture. It makes me happy! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom