• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you love to collect?

As a kid, stamps, postcards, dead insects, stones, interesting widgets left on the road.

Now, coins/notes, books (don't let me near a bookshop, I buy more than I can read) and broken electronics that one day I hope to either fix or salvage parts from.
Interesting widgets left on the road are one of my favorite things! I also have a lot broken electronics, mostly PC boards. I recently found a rebuild place on line who will buy them. So they are valuable ,who knew?

I've gone through phases of collecting loads of different things at different times:

-Model cars
-Books about cars
-Yoyos
-Books about modern architecture in London
-Anything and everything relating to Robot Wars
-Retro video games/consoles/computers
-Guitars and guitar related stuff like amps, FX pedals etc.

coins. Canada have quarters with many difference face designs. My focus collecting coins that haves a difference face design than standard coins.

I've had a few collections but books are the one consistent collection I've maintained my entire life.

I've collected so many things over the years.

I used to be really into collecting things that I found on the street because I would always find interesting and cool items, like notes or doll socks or tiny metal objects, and I felt (and still believe) that each item told a story and represented a memory, a thread of experience; these memories and experiences not being my own, but of complete strangers that I would more than likely never meet. I felt like it was a way of communicating and sharing and also like "picking up the pieces" of something forgotten.

I also collected old handwritten letters that I would purchase from scrap stores and online. It was interesting to peek into the lives of people.

I also collected old photographs. I still have a bunch. Some of the photographs aren't even that old; they're from the 90s-00s, for instance.

I also collected old book pages.

Book collecting was my first collecting experience. When I was a kid, I hated libraries because the books had to be returned. I had hundreds of books. I gave most of them away a few years ago. Now, I think I have about 80 or so.

I also collected movie ticket stubs and pasted them on my wall. I still have a bunch of movie ticket stubs.

I have a collection of recipes. I also have a collection of Japanese sweets on my pinterest.

Edit to add: I also collected old National Geographic magazines. My high school librarian gave me a bunch of vintage ones because I came in there every single time for the brand new National Geographic. I think I was one of the few students who genuinely used the library, so she liked me very much.

I don't feel like I am collecting much of anything at the moment. That may change.

Yarn skeins. I love all the colors and textures of yarns.

stock-photo-colorful-yarn-skeins-14227063.jpg

When I was little I collected candy wrappers and chewing gum stickers and pictures :) then I got bored, haven't collected anything ever since. But... if I had money I might have collected Tarot cards and crystals...

When I was a kid, I would collect shed cicada exoskeletons during the summer. I think I got about three or five hundred one year. That's a lot of bugs! (I kept them outside near my favorite play area, so my mom didn't mind me amassing an army of exoskeletons.) I don't remember what I did with them... I think I chunked them out into the woods to compost for the next year?

I actually don't collect anything these days! But when I was in my 20's, I was obsessed with the Victorian Era and especially the clothing :D

I don't remember having any specific collections as a young child. I liked anything related to my interests, so anything cat related.

As an adult I collect all different types of paper - packaging paper such as brown paper and tissue paper, envelops, card, wrapping paper etc There is such a wide variety of papers and cards used in every day packaging and products, which I find very exciting. I find the card that Apple use to package their products to be very special, and the design of the packaging too. There is also alot of variation with run-of-the-mill products such a the brown card that is used to send products through the mail

I also collect plastic shopping bags, I have all different shapes and sizes and get very excited about an unusal colour, shape, size or design of bag.

I collect prog rock albums from all over the world, in various formats, CD, digital downloads, vinyl, and I even still have my old cassettes from the 80s even though I don't play them anymore and I've since replaced them with digital versions.

I collect little things that I find tucked away in used textbooks, like notes, and even lovely little drawings. I had this lovely sketch of a butterfly but unfortunately I lost it. :(

I collect little things that I find tucked away in used textbooks, like notes, and even lovely little drawings. I had this lovely sketch of a butterfly but unfortunately I lost it. :(
I have a bunch of stuff that I found in used paperbacks. Postcards, train tickets, notes, receipts. :)

I collect clothes of a particular color. I don't wear those clothes that are that color because I like them so much that I don't want them to get worn out.

I collect clothes of a particular color. I don't wear those clothes that are that color because I like them so much that I don't want them to get worn out.

Have to ask. What's the color? :)

I'm a big fan of colors like shades of teal to carribean blue for some reason...colors that stop me dead in my tracks on occasion. Odd...but that's me and color. Just wondering how others relate to color. :cool:

Can't say I have any clothing in those colors except one shirt at best. Otherwise it's mostly accents in my living room. Picture frames, candles, etc..

Last edited:
When I was a kid, stuffed animals of all kinds, then American Girl trading cards when they first came out. I was only missing a couple cards when I gave up (they were the rarest and I couldn't afford to buy them from people). Now, I collect books. I try not to collect too much of other things because I start to feel claustrophobic when I have too much stuff, but I like to collect things I think are pretty, so I tend to have quite a few trinkets and wish for others.

Have to ask. What's the color? :)

I'm a big fan of colors like shades of teal to carribean blue for some reason...colors that stop me dead in my tracks on occasion. Odd...but that's me and color. Just wondering how others relate to color. :cool:

Can't say I have any clothing in those colors except one shirt at best. Otherwise it's mostly accents in my living room. Picture frames, candles, etc..
It's this one very very specific color that's in between red and orange. This description doesn't explain it perfectly, since it is vey specific.
It pairs well with teal, I think.

It's this one very very specific color that's in between red and orange. This description doesn't explain it perfectly, since it is vey specific.
It pairs well with teal, I think.

Yes- I call that color "coral" more or less. And absolutely it goes well with teal, especially in pastels! I once had a bedspread with such colors. Sure wish I would have kept it when I moved out of state.

New Threads

Top Bottom