• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what did you do/going to do today?

I feel that's kind of ironic, because you are alleging to be an expert on what it takes to become an expert and I know it didn't take you 10,000 hours to decide you were an expert on that. :p

10,000 hours is how many years? And does it work in dog lives, too? :D

Actually, that's been studied, and the key to it is deliberate practice. The same 2 years of experience 5 times doesn't give 10 years of experience, but how many people get the same two years over and over? So you're both right.

Found the snag that was frustrating me and now I've continued the journey of formatting my novella. And I'm going to take at least two more hours to do that, which will give me 9997 more hours to get good at creating the cover art and marketing the novella.

There's no emoticon that allows me to show my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, but trust me, it's there. :p

The most notable:
Petting the little black cat outside.
He talked to me, got on my lap, and
punched me in the face with his wet nose,
twice. First time for all those things.
Maybe eventually I can get that big burr
out of his tail fur.

Did schoolwork. Went to class. Wrote a thing. Drew a thing. I might draw another thing. I will take a shower at some point.

I am going to go to work this morning. Hopefully everything will go OK and I will get a lot done.

Stacks and stacks of bills, but it's much easier now that I set up on-line bill pay. I was a hold out, but now I would recommend it.

Wow, so I got up 37 1/2 hours ago in Sorrento. Then we (me+ hubby, mother and two teenage boys/men) sat on a bus for 2 hours, survived (barely) 1 1/2 hours in Naples airport- I HATE airports, noise crowding stress- followed by an hour sat on the plane while it was delayed due to baggage handling ineptitudes. 3 hours in the air, 40 mins in Gatwick, 3 1/2 hours drive home. Unpacking 4 cases, 8 loads of washing/drying/ironing overnight, pack lunches for everyone, drive 1 hour each way taking eldest boy to football tournament, packing for youngest boy to go away with his mum for a week, shop for groceries, wash car inside and out, clean house, mow grass, scrub passageway clean of bird poo, cook dinner, change bedlinen+ towels, more laundry, washing up...and then it's now and I'm knackered...

Today I did a little more preparing for school, which is across the country. Made a plan for day of travel, finished packing, and boxed the rest the things my dad is going to ship. I updated a bunch of stuff including my license, voter registration, and insurance.

Tried to sort out my meds (sorry for the following rant :p ) . There was a mixup on my prescription. My middle name and last name have been switched around on the prescription and for insurance purposes, this is bad. The pharmacy and my doctors office (specifically the doctors asst) are blaming each other for the clerical error. I'm inclined to believe the pharmacy, because I've been going to them for over a decade, they've always been bend-over-backwards helpful and proactive about such errors. If it was their mistake, the doctors office would logically have to deny the request, because they don't have a patient by that name (my last name isn't one of those last names you name someone). So, I called the doctors office to correct the mistake and like always, the doctors asst was rude and argumentative. So, tomorrow my dad is going to call for me to sort it out.

Honestly, I think the lady just doesn't like transgendered people.

Today I did a little more preparing for school, which is across the country. Made a plan for day of travel, finished packing, and boxed the rest the things my dad is going to ship. I updated a bunch of stuff including my license, voter registration, and insurance.

Tried to sort out my meds (sorry for the following rant :p ) . There was a mixup on my prescription. My middle name and last name have been switched around on the prescription and for insurance purposes, this is bad. The pharmacy and my doctors office (specifically the doctors asst) are blaming each other for the clerical error. I'm inclined to believe the pharmacy, because I've been going to them for over a decade, they've always been bend-over-backwards helpful and proactive about such errors. If it was their mistake, the doctors office would logically have to deny the request, because they don't have a patient by that name (my last name isn't one of those last names you name someone). So, I called the doctors office to correct the mistake and like always, the doctors asst was rude and argumentative. So, tomorrow my dad is going to call for me to sort it out.

Honestly, I think the lady just doesn't like transgendered people.
Good luck. I hope things get taken care of.

I'm one of these 'Did you know?' people at times;) Knight's original paper bag machine which led to the box making machine.

The Scottish-born Robert Gair invented the pre-cut cardboard or paperboard box in 1890 – flat pieces manufactured in bulk that folded into boxes. Gair's invention came about as a result of an accident: he was a Brooklyn printer and paper-bag maker during the 1870s, and one day, while he was printing an order of seed bags, a metal ruler normally used to crease bags shifted in position and cut them. Gair discovered that by cutting and creasing in one operation he could make prefabricated paperboard boxes. Applying this idea to corrugated boxboard was a straightforward development when the material became available around the turn of the twentieth century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardboard_box

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_214303

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_E._Knight
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1442107439.709183.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1442107462.036070.jpg
one of the machines at work.this one is a 4 color folder gluer

Today my washing machine broke, it was full of hot water and soap and towels and sheets. The machine itself is about fifty years old:eek: I like using it, because it belonged to my grandmother and it reminds me of her. It's called the 'liberator' and its huge and agitates really well and has a large capacity. I used an old hose to gravity drain the water and soap from the machine, I then removed all the towels and sheets, rinsed them, wrung them out and hung them on a line.

I've never in my life had to do any washing of clothes by hand, but today I did. I'm exhausted. I've disconnected all the hoses, drained the machine of water, and I'm going to look inside tomorrow, to see why the pumping mechanism won't work. Spent this evening looking at videos and instructions on what I should look for, and have to admit I'm curious, it's a simple machine, so I'll see if I can repair it. If not I'll bring in a repairman, or buy another if it can't be fixed. I've not done something like this before, so wish me luck.:rolleyes:

Good luck.

Finished my second book recently. While I'm waiting for it to be proofread, I have begun proofreading the work of other authors in the spirit of giving to receive.

I got out of bed, I came online, I'll go back to bed tonight.

New Threads

Top Bottom