• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what did you do/going to do today?

alien girl

i'm going to work in just more than an hour. I'll leave the house at slightly after 12pm to get to work at two, work until nine thirty, and get home by eleven at night, feed my cat and the other cat that isn't mine bu keeps coming in because I live on first floor, ground level. be on the net for an hour, then go to sleep.

today, I bought cats food, human food for me, deoderant for sensitive skin, ear plugs, and was on the internet, still am. fried two hamburgers.

how exciting does that sound?

I have no clue what's in store for me today. It's almost noon and I still feel tired (I didn't get my full alotment of hours of sleep; which is a meager 6.5 hours) so I might very well go to bed in a moment and try to catch up.

I suppose feeling this groggy, I should just not get on the forum either, lol

(however, I will stand by everything I posted, it's not some kind of stupor infused ramble, hah)

I'm on duty 5pm till 4am tonight, have to call into our suppliers this afternoon to pick up some truck spares.
My last night of the week so I'm looking forward to my time off.

Wow Alien Girl!
That sounds amazing. I got up early to a foot of snow and 16'F and went to work. I had dinner with family and did laundry. I also am on the electronic screen now.
As you can see, thrill and excitement were every part of my day as well.
Thanks

Meeting with my new lawyer today. She's a girl. Great background with employment/healthcare law and nursing. She's also a professor that teaches healthcare law. She has "Super Lawyer" designation that is reserved for the top 5% of lawyers. It sounds hopeful.

Meeting with my new lawyer today. She's a girl. Great background with employment/healthcare law and nursing. She's also a professor that teaches healthcare law. She has "Super Lawyer" designation that is reserved for the top 5% of lawyers. It sounds hopeful.

Sounds good. Also sounds like a better person to ask for help in how to deal with those agonizing prospective job application issues under the circumstances. Whatever it takes to get back into the game. Best of luck!

UPDATE: She sucked!!!!!!

Today I go to a baby shower with a bunch of people I inherited. (Our parents knew each other as teens, then all us kids were raised together.) Too broke to buy a gift, too short notice to make a gift, so I'll just present my toddler and let her know what she's gotten herself in to. :D

UPDATE: She sucked!!!!!!
I know this isn't funny, but with that last bit right next to your Grumpy Cat avatar I giggled a good bit.

Hope your next hunt is more successful.

Probably wont be doing anything except for having a few drinks at home later.

Got up at 2:30-ish in the afternoon, went to do groceries, had dinner... yeah, and now it's 6 pm. The only reason for me to actually leave the house if is it would be on fire... (and I hope I didn't hex it).

Rescued a prototype car and got it back to base. Now sitting on my break listening to four loud teenagers that will be with me for the next few hours.

I look like grumpy cat.

Woke up pretty late (5PM), but it was a nice sleep. Played guitar and listened to yesterday's recordings for a good hour. Had a cup of coffee (a few cups), made some add-ons for the table saw so I can cut grooves more easily, and precisely. Then cut said grooves, and parts of wood I needed. Did the dishes, repaired the heater, took care of the plants and cleaned the cat boxes. The usual rock'n'roll lifestyle.
I think I'll have a shower now, before settling down in my room and have a look at some gif-related stuff, among others.

Went to a baby shower and made my first pecan pie. Not at the same time though. Pecan pie is a diabetic nightmare! Golden Eagle syrup is corn syrup, sugar cane syrup, sugar cane molasses, and honey, and then more sugar in the pie recipe. Woof!

Made 2 more catnip mouse bodies, walked 5 miles, listened
to Tallulah Bankhead reading Dorothy Parker's short story,
"The Telephone Call."

Although I have known that story since high school, the
reading took me by surprise. The character had always
seemed to me to be a fatuous society girl, trivial, light-headed,
self centered. I didn't know hearing the words would give me
such a different impression.

Well, I got a cup of coffee and then I started to refine my PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) pack list. There's always room to cut weight. Watched 'Last Week Tonight'. Made some calls, sorted out insurance, made some appointments. Walked the dog. I close my night here and also back to refining my PCT pack list. I don't even plan on going for a few years, I just like trying to get my base pack list under 11lbs.

Tomorrow... Most of my day will be similar, except I'll be watching more YouTube and I will be trying to get paperwork out, instead of making calls. Fun stuff.

Stacked some wood. Walked 4 miles. Talked to girl near the marsh because
she was outside. She has stopped putting food out since the bear was in
her front yard. Compared notes on the black cat's eating habits (he sleeps
under my house) and dog management styles of the people up around the
corner.

Other than eating, drinking, cooking and tending my animals. I made a few business phone calls, talked to my husband about some things I need him to help me with, did the wiring for the autotune in the studio I'm adding to my home, surfed the web off and on and, tried to call a friend but got voice mail.

Today I am resetting my work schedules and getting everything ready for tomorrows return to work. Been nearly three months since I was laid off following a viral infection and I can't wait to get back in the saddle.

Did: Figured out that the people across the hall are way more fun to hang out (and study) with than the people in my own classroom.

Going to do: Listen to some tunes, sip a beer, and try to forget the panic that I take the Network+ certification test in 7 days.

New Threads

Top Bottom