• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what did you do/going to do today?

Cut bundles of 4 foot tall catnip for the girl by the marsh;
cache is clear so connectivity is back;
put tails & ears on some catnip mouse bodies.
Defrosted the kitchen freezer.
Wondered what other people do.

Canned 12 quarts of tomatoes, pickled two dozen eggs and, canned those too. Did the final mix on one song and, laid two more down to be checked and mixed tomorrow.

Canned 12 quarts of tomatoes, pickled two dozen eggs and, canned those too. Did the final mix on one song and, laid two more down to be checked and mixed tomorrow.
B. - I always wanted to know how to do that, (pickle eggs) because I love eggs.

That depends on what variety of pickled eggs you like. Sweet, hot, beet pickled, acidic, sweet and tangy, mustard pickled? None of them are hard to do (well unless you are doing quail eggs, then there is a secret to peeling those and, it's impossible if you don't know the secret.) I do them all most I like except the hot ones but, my husband likes those. What kind is your favorite? (or if you have a favorite brand, link that and I can see how to make it at home.)

It's pretty easy to pickle eggs.
Dill is good, too.

Maybe you would like Tea Eggs.
They have patterns all over them
when you remove the crackled shell.

Went for a half-hour walk to the grocery, bought a few vegetables. Dreading coming back at rush hour, it was so noisy, need to time it better so that I can take the bike path back, which is quieter.

Did laundry, vacuuming with ear protection, weeded in my garden.
Read online about browsers, considering replacing mozilla with opera as mozilla requires so much RAM.

Last edited:
That depends on what variety of pickled eggs you like. Sweet, hot, beet pickled, acidic, sweet and tangy, mustard pickled? None of them are hard to do (well unless you are doing quail eggs, then there is a secret to peeling those and, it's impossible if you don't know the secret.) I do them all most I like except the hot ones but, my husband likes those. What kind is your favorite? (or if you have a favorite brand, link that and I can see how to make it at home.)
Sweet & tangy. :) But tree's suggestion sounds good too.

Sweet & tangy. :) But tree's suggestion sounds good too.

I've never made tea eggs but I've eaten them. I like some but some I've had were oddly spiced to my pallet.

Making the Pickled ones you like is easy. You need 1 dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled. 2 cups vinegar. [I like the flavor of apple cider vinegar better but, it makes the eggs a funky dirty brown color so, you may want to use white vinegar.] 1 cup water, 3 Tbs pickling Spices 2 cups sugar and, 1 Tbs salt. Combine everything except the eggs and bring it just to a boil then strain the liquid through a colander or sieve to get the whole spices out of it. Put the eggs in a quart jar then pour the hot brine you just made over the eggs until it is 1/2 and inch from the top of the jar. Put a lid on the jar and, unless you want to can them for long term storage, just put them in the refrigerator. They will be lightly pickled in 3 to 4 days, the entire whites will be pickled in one week and, the yolks pickled all the way through after a month. If you like deviled eggs, replace half of the pickling spice with ground mustard (the dry kind from the spice isle.) and your pickled eggs will taste like deviled eggs.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit, but now I can add giving kestrel my pickled egg recipe to my "what I did today" list. :)

For the 2nd time in my life, I walked up to a house
and asked if someone there could make a call for me.
There had been a dog loose down the road I was walking &
rather than have to go past him again, on the way back,
I kept going.

Looked like it would be dark before I could
get home, so I called the woman who lives
across the road from me to come get me.

I knew there was a reason I sometimes think about
getting a tread mill.

Last edited:
I got two new pigs (pics in the pet thread), put new blades on my lawn mower, did my weekly shopping, made vegetable soup for an ailing friend and, talked about some business things with a couple of people.

I am going to work today. There is not much going on at cheese world today so it is much easier for me to work on the forklifts. There will be very few people and a lot less noise. It is almost like taking a day off.

I'll be going into town later, making a couple of phone calls I need to make, finalizing two more songs, getting the leftovers out of the refrigerator and feeding them to the pigs and, maybe I'll find time to can the 15 or so pounds of ripe tomatoes I picked yesterday.

Planted that $9 bag of shade annuals + perennials.
Cleaned up the styrofoam packing peanuts that were strewn around
out back where the motor home used to be. The ground was warm
enough to lay down on, so I did and closed my eyes toward the
sunlight so I could see it through my eyelids.

Paid bills ahead of time. Gargled with warm salt water to help get over this sore throat. Made a list of things to accomplish this week. Washed & dried a load of clothes in the machines. Listened to the sound of raindrops on the trees outside. Weeded a little bit in the back. Planted a long row of hollyhock seeds. Took a short walk through town in the rain. Worked on a painting. Corresponded with a couple of people. Still listening to the raindrops it is gorgeous. Soon I will go get some dinner, and then read maybe finish Attwood's book.

Cried.
Concluded I should not eat so many cooked carrots,
because I have no reason to cry.
Helped neighbor with paper work and reading.
Walked 4 1/2 miles.

Cried.
Concluded I should not eat so many cooked carrots,
because I have no reason to cry.
Helped neighbor with paper work and reading.
Walked 4 1/2 miles.
I dislike cooked carrots. I find they taste better raw.

Not that I'm one of those EVERYTHING MUST BE RAW LOLz kinda people. Just some things don't cook very well. Carrots and broccoli, mostly.

I dislike cooked carrots. I find they taste better raw.

Not that I'm one of those EVERYTHING MUST BE RAW LOLz kinda people. Just some things don't cook very well. Carrots and broccoli, mostly.

Carrots & broccoli are too hard to chew or digest raw.
Having the carrots cooked was a rare treat for me, but
it didn't work out.
They mess up my blood sugar.

Pretty easy day for me. I finished the last of the four songs I needed to get done and sent them to my client, read for a while (a fiction book) and, had dinner catered because I didn't feel like cooking this evening.

New Threads

Top Bottom