• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what are your organisation skills like??

Cazzie

hi all,

what are your organisation skills like? are they good are really bad.

take care
cazzie

I am quite organized. It does depend a bit on my mood - when I'm busy or having a rough time, my living spaces tend to get a bit messy. Even so, I usually have an idea where things are, they just aren't in nice stacks.

I have a planner for school, which helps me keep organized about dates and things to attend. When I work on my research I am very organized, because I get annoyed when I waste time on unnecessary steps.

Really, really bad. I need to make a conscious effort to stay on track with things I have to do, to make lists so that I do not forget to do important things, and even then I's still really bad.

Executive Dysfunction (google the term for more info) pretty much sums it all up.

It depends if I am lazy. If I am lazy I will just scatter everything around me, and stuff a bunch of papers into my back pack. If I am feeling non lazy then I will stay organized all day. In 8th grade, my locker was full of papers, trash and what not. Practically a big hill of junk that I needed, which were some of the papers. But that is basically all I needed. So usually, I am organized. I know I have to stay organized in High School, so I don't do that much anymore.

Non-existent.
Unless it involves things I really really like, I can't organise myself to save my life. My orniment shelves are all really neat and the cuddly toys/orniments etc are all set out nicely, but the rest of my room looks like a bomb's dropped.
My organisation skills have got in the way of my education too, I have always been a mess a school or college.

I wouldn't exactly say that I'm fully organized but I've improved a lot more than I did in the past.
I would normally leave things until the very last minute which normally results in me rushing. :lol2:

My organisation skills have gotten better but they're still pretty bad. I keep certain things in each of my drawers and have started putting all my odds and sods into boxes instead of just piling them up like I used to. So far doing that has helped.

My dad always used to say that my room looked like a bomb site. Now though, I try to keep things tidy and organised.
I always prefer it when my room is tidy because I have clearer thoughts if that makes sense, I don't feel as untidy but I can't seem to keep it up longer than a week. I've got to tidy mine right now because I've got a friend over in a few hours, haven't even started yet though.

I am someone who needs organization more than anybody, yet I am the most chaotic person you will ever meet...

For some reason, I can only get things done when they go exactly the way I intended them to go. I can only take care of something if it's working out perfect. I hope that kind of makes sense.
I'll give an example: If I have perfect grades, I want to maintain that and I keep studying hard. If my grades are average, I have to wait until a new semester starts with a fresh "start" before I can get those good grades.
...Or cleaning my room. If my room looks awesome and I kept up with cleaning it, I will keep doing that in the future. But if my room is not exactly the way I like it to be, I don't feel the drive to take care of it.

Wonderful, assuming you don't mean "housekeeping."
I can file and match and color code.
I can sort. I like to put 'things that are alike, together.'

Wonderful, assuming it's the stuff I am interested in
filing, matching, color coding, and sorting, that is.

Crayons, cloth types & colors, paper, cardboard,spices,
food, tools, blankets, towels, art supplies, teaching materials...
I am interested in organizing those things. Also, clothing &
information.

Hmm...I like to organize words.

Now that I am thinking about it, this sprawly list probably
boils down to A. Physical & B. Non-Physical Objects, with
subdivisions.

lol
:evergreen:

Not very good, and very messy. The only thing that I'm good at is paying bills. I hate the idea that I owe money and I pay them off straight away. They just cause stress if I don't.

New Threads

Top Bottom