• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your New Year's Resolutions for 2017?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
My main one is the same as I've had for the last 20 years, get a part time paid job! Don't get me wrong volunteering in Charity shops is a laugh but it literally doesn't pay anything. Also I'd like to appear on TV, any show except Crime Watch or Jeremy Kyle, because contrary to popular belief I am NOT a Chav.

I also want to find love, and get at least 1 child by this time next year, if I get a Daughter I want to call her Alice, after both my late Grandmothers.

So how about you lot? What would you like to do/achieve in 2017?

Keep losing weight.
I managed to lose half a stone between the end of November to now, so I hope to get down to a healthier weight by Summer.

Increase my income, hopefully meet my best friend for the first time and if I can reach this goal, move outside of province to make myself happier in life.

Fully commit to passing my driver's test. Everyone else can do it, why shouldn't I? I can do this. I don't care how many times I might have to attempt it, I will do it.

My main one is the same as I've had for the last 20 years, get a part time paid job! Don't get me wrong volunteering in Charity shops is a laugh but it literally doesn't pay anything. Also I'd like to appear on TV, any show except Crime Watch or Jeremy Kyle, because contrary to popular belief I am NOT a Chav.

I also want to find love, and get at least 1 child by this time next year, if I get a Daughter I want to call her Alice, after both my late Grandmothers.

To get a job for so many years I have desperately wanted one but my anxiety and my social awakens mess me up as I end up self destroy myself for not being able to be a normal person or the fact I can not be someone else or even pretend to be someone else. To make at least one good friend. And to find someone one who loves me unconditionally and like me just the way I am.

To only speak to others that lift me up and support me in life.

Also to see my doctor about having my asd diagnosis updated, and to just keep doing well in my job. Hopefully I'll find someone to start dating with and to do more artwork.

Continue standing up for myself, everywhere, but especially at work. That includes walking away from any customer who gives me a 'harasser vibe,' even if it's not strong, before they have a chance to say anything to me. Also not giving customers attention when I suspect that's all they want.

Also, when the new DuckTales finally airs, whatever kind of content it may have, I'm determined to handle it well. I'm more excited for it now that I've been following Frank Angones on Tumblr, though. I expect there to be more good than bad. But whatever bad there is I've got to handle it well.
I know it sounds strange but DT is one of my special interests and sometimes those feel like all I have in the world. :rolleyes:

Also, when the new DuckTales finally airs, whatever kind of content it may have, I'm determined to handle it well. I'm more excited for it now that I've been following Frank Angones on Tumblr, though. I expect there to be more good than bad. But whatever bad there is I've got to handle it well.
I know it sounds strange but DT is one of my special interests and sometimes those feel like all I have in the world. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised, considering how catchy that theme tune is. :D

My main one is the same as last year, to read more.

Keep losing weight.
I managed to lose half a stone between the end of November to now, so I hope to get down to a healthier weight by Summer.

I'm also aiming to lose more weight. I had a gastric band fitted 3 years ago and so far I've lost 8st, but I'd like to lose at least 2st more.

Here's a poem I wrote a few years ago.

Alternative Resolution

New Year, new dreams?
Old dreams shattered -
Some by biology and time,
Others simply by circumstances;
Time to let go and move on -
Easier said than done!

New Year, new goals?
Old goals never achieved,
Feelings of inadequacy and failure,
Overshadowed by others’ achievements.
Time to re-asses -
Am I really so worthless?

New Year, new thinking?
Think of the things I can do;
What have I achieved?
Some things were totally unexpected.
Time to give thanks
And carry on doing my bit.

Honestly, I'd be satisfied just to keep up my current streak of self-emancipation and "adulting" that I've been on since I got accepted to my new college. Although 2016 has been a decidedly terrible year for humanity, I'd say that the last six months of it have been more productive for me than the last six years of my life prior to that, so my only real "resolution" would be to ensure that I don't lose any of the ground that I fought so hard to gain. I've fully learned the necessity of preserving my progress and not letting anyone get in the way of that. Maybe next year I should cover more areas of self-improvement as well, probably by socializing more, finally getting my driver's license, looking for a new job next summer, and re-starting my quest to de-fatify myself by dieting and hitting the gym more often. My self-confidence has grown steadily over the past few months, and this is interdependent with my accomplishments. I have no other choice but to narrow the gap between my current self and the ideal vision of him with every passing day.

To lose the final 4st (that's around 56lb) (I have already lost 3st), and begin going to the gym to help me tone up aswell.

Complete my left sleeve and at least begin my right one.

Go on at least one trip in the next year, have become lazy about traveling and would rather stay home. Have two good friends in different countries who want me to visit them, one lives near the ghent altarpiece in belgium which I've not seen in real life, something I have to see at least once. Another lives near venice, a city I like very much. So it's belgium or venice and I haven't decided yet.

Terminate my sex drive
Get work reports done on time
Keep bedroom tidier
Properly find time for hobbies
Get up between 7-8am, be at work by 1030am and go to bed before 12.
To attain my two desired guiness world records.
To make progress with my car appearing in magazines.
No speeding tickets and no more than 2 parking tickets or other fines.
To have completed all work on my cars by July.
Remember to brush teeth before bed.

Also, when the new DuckTales finally airs, whatever kind of content it may have, I'm determined to handle it well.

I'm not surprised, considering how catchy that theme tune is.

LEGENDARY SHOW!! But a revival of this show will have about as much success as the re-made- bikermice from mars and teenage mutant hero turtles (poor). Nothing beats the 80's/90's kids TV classics.

LEGENDARY SHOW!! But a revival of this show will have about as much success as the re-made- bikermice from mars and teenage mutant hero turtles (poor). Nothing beats the 80's/90's kids TV classics.

I don't know, from Frank's Tumblr posts it looks like they're putting a lot of work and care into it. I'm optimistic (and really looking forward to learning new things about the less popular characters, especially Duckworth, who's my favorite supporting character).

New Threads

Top Bottom