• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you reading now?

20230122_145450.jpg

In general I have little time or patience for 'self improvement' books. (It is a whole exploitation of gullible populations), I have the same moral issues with sure thing diet and wellness books, too.

This book, however, is a bit different. It classifies as 'personal growth', but it is very much a horse of a different colour and impossible to pigeon hole. It is a splendid compendium of hyperspecific and woefully abstract, yet it still makes perfect sense and draws the reader ever deeper into its pages. It is the closest I have come to seeing lightning in a bottle. All of the vagaries and variants of the creative process held within a few hundred pages.

By turns it features vignettes, adaptive common sense, philosophical insights, and a touch of psychology. Like an electrocuted pickle lamp, it is hard to put down.

A book called immune in. 10-minute intervals in, boy am I learning a lot. Having a background in microbiology really helps. Just finished today good book. Feb. 10, 2023.

Last edited:
Just started reading a book called "Life is Simple." physics has got to complicated. Over the last few years crazy theories, most wrong what is actually probably true, is much simpler can sort of see it in my mind's eye. If you want more see my physics thread.

The deeper I get into this book the better it gets, amazingly. Detailed, cannot believe the amount of research the author did. Basically, the history of science through William of Occam and how his teaching effected. Most of the great thinkers of history. This book deserves to be a best seller So far, I am stunned. really enjoying my read may take a while.

IF you are into science, philosophy. or theology this should be a must read.

Man, this guy can write. Takes a dry subject basically history. rapidly going to the top of my list of the best books I have ever read.

The deeper I get into this book the more I think of Neil Turok, the one physicist in really starting to listen to now. He is seeing what I see in my mind's eye keep it simple stupid. All the pieces are in place for a big break through.

Last edited:
latest book is The Ascent of Information, just got to the section on Claude Shannon, who I believe is one of us.

'The Novel' (that's the book's title) 1991 James A. Michener. 'The Novel' storyline incorporates the dynamics of the publishing industry .

"MiB Men in Black the Roleplaying Game" by George Strayton and Nikola Vrtis
Published in 1997 by West End Games (WEG #35000)

Chapter 10: "Revenge of The Geek"

I am reading Otherlands, a tour of ancient landscapes through Earth's history as told through some famous paleontology sites. One featured site Mazon Creek (and Pit 11), I have collected at and got
Ferns, Calamites, a Spider, Jellyfish, Shrimp, Polychete Worms, Horseshoe Crab, and a Tully Monster.

1710203791201.jpeg

If you like that, Shermer had founded a magazine, The Skeptical Enquirer, devoted to tearing apart woo woo. They were the first to point out how children were used by authorities to accuse innocent people of sexual abuse in the McMartin Preschool Scandal.

Last edited:
20240314_161641.jpg

Marlowe came with when I picked these titles up today. One is a total brain rot read (romance) and the other is a book is one I definitely need to read because (Self-care for Autistic People) I don't know how to do that...

New Threads

Top Bottom