• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what are you good at?

mangodude

it's important to recognize and be proud of things you can do, or even better- can do REAL WELL

what are you good at?

list as many things you can come up with

i'm real good at remembering everything bioscience and medicine related, drawing, and my motorcycle driving skills are TOP (i'm so proud of that, it took me SO LONG to learn how to drive motorcycle)

Music
Designing/ building furniture
Designing/ building Lego houses and other structures with Lego
Baking/ creating cakes and confections
Bodyboarding, swimming, hiking
Visualizing
Spacial sequencing
I can sew, embroider, knit, paint
I am quite resourceful/ industrious
I have a photographic memory and absolute pitch
I have a very strong work ethic
I am good at offering/ providing compassion, care, kindness, empathy, help, support (not sure if those apply)

Last edited:
This is way harder than coming up with things I'm not good at.
- Budgeting, saving, money in general.
- Sleeping. :D
- Making lists and being organized.
- Making decisions.
- I suppose my English is ok (for a second language).. :rolleyes:

Cross stitching ( look like photographs).
Money; book keeping and general banking. ( even more so, because of how bad I am with maths lol).
Being organised; tidy.
Colour matching.
Interior design.

Terrible with quick thinking but retain ideas for quick thinking.

Psycology.

it's important to recognize and be proud of things you can do, or even better- can do REAL WELL

what are you good at?

list as many things you can come up with

i'm real good at remembering everything bioscience and medicine related, drawing, and my motorcycle driving skills are TOP (i'm so proud of that, it took me SO LONG to learn how to drive motorcycle)

Numbers and process.

I'm really good at making people mad, spilling things, misunderstanding what someone is trying to say, stumping my toe, ...and sometimes really good at being funny, crafts, being Disorganized and losing stuff. :D (how's that for positivity? LOL :) )

Analysis
Information synthesis
Organizing data
Researching things
Focusing

I'm really good at making people mad, spilling things, misunderstanding what someone is trying to say, stumping my toe, ...and sometimes really good at being funny, crafts, being Disorganized and losing stuff. :D (how's that for positivity? LOL :) )

Sounds like my sort of positivity, yep.

Hmm, I can echo that sort of thing a bit.

Good at: forgetting everything, missing appointments, forgetting things WHILE I'm doing them, being airheaded and doing things like making sandwiches while forgetting the bread (yes, that's a thing that has happened), irritating the hell out of people while not knowing why (and frankly, at this point, I'm not sure I care why anymore) being disorganized, losing my 3-foot keychain because it's draped over my neck (making jangling sounds the whole time), and getting hyper-impatient at electronics. Oh, and spacing out. Spacing out so hard.

To be ACTUALLY positive though, which takes a real effort: I'm very, VERY fast (reaction and mental processing speed), extremely coordinated, and can deal with chaotic situations with relative ease. Good at exploration, and finding roads nobody knows about, yet that still go somewhere useful, so I can essentially have the safest drive (when it's not winter anyway). Good at gaming and twisty puzzles. Also flying drones/quadcopters. Maybe the cosplay counts too. Lastly, good at travelling on my own... usually. I cant handle urban areas whatsoever, but give me "middle of freaking nowhere" and I'm good to go. Alot of this isnt of particular practical use, but... eh, then again, it has become so at times. You never know where your skills and talents might take you, yeah?

I have an excellent memory for auditory information, especially with songs. Often when I have heard a song before I can name who sung it and remember what the song is called just by listening to it for a few seconds.

My overactive imagination can lead to some bizarre yet interesting and creative ideas. I am surprisingly good at improvising. This applies to situations such as; coming up with a joke, a marketing campaign, or even some lyrics to a poem/rap on the spot (especially if it's a parody).

I am also a fairly decent writer. My singing ability is alright. I am good at creating digital 3D models, and know a considerable amount about web design. Also cats, they are a strong interest of mine and some of my friends call me a "Walking cat encyclopedia". :D

I’m good at horses... riding, training, breeding, genetics, etc.
Researching
Analyzing and patterns
Seeing how things might work the best way
Computers
I think I’d be good at mechanical stuff if it interested me at all

I’m good at horses... riding, training, breeding, genetics, etc.
Researching
Analyzing and patterns
Seeing how things might work the best way
Computers
I think I’d be good at mechanical stuff if it interested me at all

genetics?
that's interesting! tell me more about that?

genetics?
that's interesting! tell me more about that?
I like knowing how things end up the way they do - why things have ended up the way they have. I breed a very specific kind of horse which is a very small niche in the horse world. It’s amazing, the ability to figure out what your offspring will look and behave like (even with so many different variables), just by studying the genetics way back in its pedigree. You study the pedigree, and by looking at the known genetics and the patterns of the unknown genetics, you can get really close to predicting exactly what the horses offspring will be like.

I'm good at a few notable things.

Such as:

Programming (MS Visual Basic, HTML and Python)
Video gaming
Swimming
10 Pin Bowling (I can get Strikes without the Bumpers up)
Singing Karaoke (although my Dad says I can;t sing)
Basic cooking of frozen goods, Pizzas, chips, Fish fingers etc
Martial Arts

I am good with computers and plan on getting a computer job when I get through with college. If anything goes wrong with the computer I almost always find a way to fix it. I spent half the day fixing two games today.

I am good at a few other things as well.
Photography
Cooking
Playing video games
Basketball
Being patient

- eating candy
- getting lost while driving somewhere new
- pinning items on Pinterest
- driving a manual
- beating almost every other car on the road around the roundabout
- making my partner happy (winkwinknudgenudge)
- picking out and purchasing vegan cookbooks for my vegan cookbook collection
- cooking bacon in the microwave
- burping very loudly after consuming copious amounts of seltzer water
- forgetting to return my library books on time
- playing Tetris

Playing bass when I get enough practice in.
Engineering things.
Understanding and operating mechanical things.
Fixing things that most people consider unfixable.
Navigation, except when I'm put on the spot.
Being quiet.
Being self sufficient.
Saving money.

I’m great at being a visual artist. I can see what I want to draw and copy what I see. I also love to draw and paint. It’s fun to do and it makes me happy.

New Threads

Top Bottom