• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What ARE you good at?

I fix things. All kinds of things. I like to keep a large selection of goesontos and goesintos on hand to speed up the process.

Now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure what I'm good at. My best friend ask me opinions about his projects and people say that I'm good at giving advice. I'm pretty sure I'm good at troubleshooting. When I was in high school I got to Spanish 5 and took a Latin class because it was easy credits, and I just wanted to take easy classes, plus I'm an anime expert. I was also good at remembering information. My step brothers called me rather derisively an encyclopedia. I'm pretty good at fishing, especially crappie and perch. My woodsman/survivalist and leatherworking skills are pretty good although I've yet to tan any hides. I was able to get my CDL A so that supposedly makes me a professional driver.

I'm not sure what I'm good at either! I very much have a mind for history, historical analysis & the like, so perhaps that is one of the things. Too bad I have nothing I can do with that...for someone with a history degree usually the career path is teacher, & I have no desire to stand in front of a classroom with 30 some kids...

I'm also a decent model builder I suppose...

I'm not sure what I'm good at either! I very much have a mind for history, historical analysis & the like, so perhaps that is one of the things. Too bad I have nothing I can do with that...for someone with a history degree usually the career path is teacher, & I have no desire to stand in front of a classroom with 30 some kids...

I'm also a decent model builder I suppose...

Perhaps you could become an archaeologist. You would need to learn a bit more but you already got history down. Just a suggestion. Or a guide in museums.

Perhaps you could become an archaeologist. You would need to learn a bit more but you already got history down. Just a suggestion. Or a guide in museums.

One of my gaming buddies is an archaeologist. Completely different perspective on studying the past. An archaeologist studies physical artifacts, whereas an historian studies textual or scriptural evidence. There is definitely overlap (it was archaeologists that uncovered the cuneiform tablets of Sumer), but the focus is very different...

I tried to do the museum thing, but no openings that I could find before I gave up. I tried for YEARS to get a job working for Lou Reda (if you live in the US & watch any documentaries about WWII, you probably watched content from Lou Reda). Despite my grandfather being friends or an acquaintance with the man, they weren't interested in someone with a history background, but rather a film or editing background. That would have been a dream job for me though...

I can play recorders to an advanced level (passed Grade VIII a while back). I can use chopsticks. I can wire a three-pin plug. I make good use of leftovers and I've become quite adept at prepping food for the freezer. I'm good at foreign languages; in particular I have no aversion to learning grammar. I do my 10k steps a day. I'm quite knowledgeable about art e.g. I know my Jan Steen from my George Stubbs. Pity this rarely comes up as a topic in quizzes.

When I was young I was good at building Lego models, not done any for a LONG time apart from that Lego mosaic of Batman I made at Yorkshire Cos Play back in June.

I'm generally good at most academic type things, especially research, am pretty handy with a flogger, and can get even the most anti-social and timid cat to like me.

Making people feel good (love to hug), making people laugh, Math (getting better), communicating with the deceased (I can feel and speak to them), understanding animals.

New Threads

Top Bottom