• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you bringing for Thanksgiving 2023 ?

That's a charcuterie board!

If anyone does go grocery shopping, check out the post-Thanksgiving sales on turkeys, duck and hams. I always do that and freeze the meat for later. Same thing after Christmas and Easter.
Charcuterie!! Yes!!!

I knew it was something that sounded like Crudite- but that wasn't right.

Charcuterie. Thank you.

I do similar with turkeys during the holidays. Once the holidays are over and they are on clearance, I will often buy two.

I butcher up both turkeys, separating the cuts.

I freeze one turkey, based on cut of meat, in meal portion sized bags.

The other turkey, I do the same regarding cut and portion. But instead, it is pressure canned and stored in the pantry.

I`m fortunate enough my country does not have this additional holiday where you are forced to spend the day together.
Hope others that do have it in their country do enjoy their time.
Oh it's a nice holiday. I think you would like it. Thanksgiving is the day that we come together to share a communal meal. Most of the dishes are traditional, passed down in families for decades.

We sit at the table together, and the conversation often comes up, where we talk about what we are thankful for. Gratitude even in hard times. It brings people closer.

Yes, family arguments do come up. For some clans it's a holiday tradition. The same old hurts rehashed.

But within all that, there is a sense of gratitude as well. Dad and son hollering at each other. Women leaving the room. But you know, by night's end, everyone will be sharing wine, and laughing, Thankful for each other's company, the roof over our heads, and for the meal that reminds us of grandma or great grandma's cooking.

New Threads

Top Bottom