• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are some films you hate but everyone else likes? (read description for the rules)

2Fragile2TakeCriticism

Black sheep in my own community
V.I.P Member
Note: you do not have to answer this thread if you don’t want to. And keep in mind, do not assume that I’m doing this to be hostile, I just want it to be fair.

Before I get started, I want to clarify a few rules to make this fair.

Rules:

No remakes/reboots of any kind (those get quite a lot of hate, so adding those is unnecessary)
2. No sequels or spin-offs (though not as much hate as the first set, doing so is also unnecessary)
3. The film specified must be released no later than 2003.
4. The film must be released theatrically.
5. The film must have English as its original language (poorly made dubs do not count).
6. Opinions must be respected.
7. Do not go off topic, you must remain to the point.
8. No documentaries/mockumentaries.

Though this is not exactly a requirement, I would recommend you state your reasons for each movie you list. Anyways, here are my list of movies I hate but everyone likes:

Peter Pan (Disney version, 1953)
Reason: The main character is unlikable and is the main reason why Captain Hook has a grudge against him (he chopped off Captain Hook’s hand and fed it to a crocodile), also one controversial scene (you know the one I’m talking about) is racist and misogynistic.

Austin Powers
Reason: The main character is annoying and cannot take no for an answer, also a group of enemies called Fembots are an utterly misogynistic portrayal, seriously that’s not how women work.

Alice In Wonderland (Disney version, 1951)
Reason: The film is very mean-spirited and treats the title character like garbage.

Gone With The Wind
Reason: The characters are unlikable and the movie overall is racist as hell, I feel especially sorry for the actress who played Mammy.

Osmosis Jones
Reason: Too many gross scenes, unlikable characters, and cringeworthy health propaganda.

Dumb and Dumber
Reason: The main characters are so overwhelmingly ignorant that it’s unfunny, plus their own ignorance is the main reason for the plot when they should’ve just minded their own business.

Feel free to comment on your list if you like.

The Blair Witch Project

I don't hate that it exists. I certainly don't hate that it created a craze in a genre that I specifically excel and work in. I hate that it isn't all that people claim it to be, though. It's not scary. It's not even intense or thrilling. It's suspenseful but to a droning degree, so much that it gets boring. It can't even be considered to have changed the game per the found footage style at all because Cannibal Holocaust had done so much better already, and that was decades earlier.

The Blair Witch Project

I don't hate that it exists. I certainly don't hate that it created a craze in a genre that I specifically excel and work in. I hate that it isn't all that people claim it to be, though. It's not scary. It's not even intense or thrilling. It's suspenseful but to a droning degree, so much that it gets boring. It can't even be considered to have changed the game per the found footage style at all because Cannibal Holocaust had done so much better already, and that was decades earlier.

I watched Blair Witch Project once; the amateur, shaky filming made me queasy, like motion sickness.

That shakiness, too, yes. Cloverfield was worse with the shaking, but what made that one contradictory is that, even at that early of a time, consumer camcorders already had image stabilization and shouldn't have been that shaky. That was absolutely done in post.

Keeping on point with the thread, I would just go ahead and add CLOVERFIELD for the above mentioned alone, but it was a 2008 film.

New Threads

Top Bottom