• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What animal or insect are you?

Today I will say that I am a Daddy Long Legs. A lot of people think these guys are spiders with deadly venom. They aren't & they don't have venom. I admire the delicate looking strength & elegance of the legs of these creatures. One characteristic I seem to share, at least metaphorically, with Daddy Long Legs/Harvestmen is that under conditions of extreme stress, we both fall apart. A second characteristic I share with them is that people who use words loosely/inaccurately believe they have identified/named them correctly.

Harvestmen (Daddy Longlegs)
Spider Myths: What is a "daddylonglegs" anyway?

I admire Slugs.
They are vulnerable and smooth out
their own paths.
They have a happy looking smile,
if you ever get in a position to
see that.

I would be a honey bee. Most of the time, I do my thing and am sweet but, try to crush me or someone I car about and I will sting you no matter what it costs me personally.

As an animal I'd be a wolf. I will watch and listen patiently but, if you hurt anyone in my "pack" I go will go for your throat.

An owl. Everyone has always said it. Watchful, wise, and an enemy to small rodents.

I've decided I am a Sugar Glider....

after seeing a bunch of them snuggled in some guys pockets.

Cute doesn't do them justice (the Sugar Gliders, not the guy) :)

sglider.jpg

I am a wolf.

Metalminx, up until now I thought you'd be happier as a giraffe. I think marsupials are interesting generally, because they developed so many analogous lifeways and adaptations independently of the same strategies developing in eutherians.

Cuttlefish.

And note the tt, not dd. Don’t you dare try to cuddle with this fish.

But, I am a cuttlefish because they are good at changing shape and color, they prefer the dark depths of the sea, and they are curious about the world around them. They are shy, but friendly. They are still a bit of a mystery, too.

I want to be a human. You have apposable thumbs and you can walk on two legs. Also you only have hair on your head instead of your whole body. That must make grooming quite easy!

I think I'm a sea otter. Just swimmin around the tidepools, happy as can be. Cuddlin with my little girl, and eating snacks.

iu

New Threads

Top Bottom