• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What age did you or would you let your hair go grey?

I discovered I had some gray hairs but never noticed them because I have most of my natural hair color. My husband calls them my high lights and a person who was cutting my hair commented I had blonde hair strands. I just dye my hair every few months. I had it done twice this year.

My personal opinion but I think 30 something year olds with gray hairs looks trashy than how it would look on a 60 something year old. Though I do admit there are some young women out there with streaks of gray hairs that do look good but most of them don't look good with it. That is why I dye mine and plus I don't like how dull my hair had gotten and it used to be golden brown but it's gotten darker brown and has no shine anymore so I get it dyed. Now it's looks reddish brown when light hits it.

This is what my wife and I decided when we hit 40. I am 44 and she is 41

They say time takes its toll on a body
Makes the young girls brown hair turn gray
But honey, I don't care, I ain't in love with your hair
And if it all fell out, well, I'd love you anyway

Most of you will understand. For the younger generation this is a song from Randy Travis back when music was good and had real meaning not the crap you hear today.

I started to lose my hair in my 30s, so I shaved my head and have kept it that way ever since..
It worked for Patrick Stewart, I'm sure it can work for me too. :D

Interested in others thoughts on grey hair.

I was a brunette and tried dying my hair as it turned grey. a couple of weeks later, I looked in the mirror to see a white skunk-stripe growing at the part.

I just let it keep growing until I no longer resembled a skunk.

I started to lose my hair in my 30s, so I shaved my head and have kept it that way ever since..
It worked for Patrick Stewart, I'm sure it can work for me too. :D

Bald men are so sexy

To combat this weirdness I got a bob hair cut.

Ditto for me.

I got a short cut and now look like all the other boys :rolleyes: (I want to look femine). I love it when I am out and about because I live in a windy place and it no longer blows in my eyes but cringe at myself in the mirror.

To look girly, I am expected to put smelly gunk in my hair - yuck

My hair is still it's natural colour at the moment. I'm thinking when it starts to go grey in the future I will let it.

I know many people even in their 80's around here still get their hair dyed. I think I prefer the natural look though.

Interested in others thoughts on grey hair.
Here's what the forum pariah thinks ,my hair isn't completely white ,I have white hairs and that's it.

I have some grey hair at my temples. I don’t mind. I dye my hair with henna occasionally, but that’s because I like the color, not to cover up.

I'm in my late 20s. My hair is a really dull brown and has always looked a little grayish, but now it's turning more gray. I've had purple hair, pink hair, strawberry blonde, brown with blonde tips, light purple with hot pink bangs, dark brown/dirty blonde ombre, chocolate brown, and right now it's just natural. Some of those colors didn't look so great with my skin tone since I'm kind of a dark-ish olive and I have thick dark eyebrows.

Letting my hair go grey was a good decision for me. It feels so much better to have one less maintenance thing to deal with. I'm happy with it.

I'm in my late 20s. My hair is a really dull brown and has always looked a little grayish, but now it's turning more gray. I've had purple hair, pink hair, strawberry blonde, brown with blonde tips, light purple with hot pink bangs, dark brown/dirty blonde ombre, chocolate brown, and right now it's just natural. Some of those colors didn't look so great with my skin tone since I'm kind of a dark-ish olive and I have thick dark eyebrows.
I guess purple and pink looked really cool and I think it fits to darker skin.

Grey sideburns started around my early 40s. Twenty years later and hair and beard...all grey. Funny though at it looks much lighter. Closer to when I was a kid with blondish hair that eventually darkened.

I started to get salt and pepper in my beard in my mid 30s and my head last year. It doesn't bother me and wont dye it. My wife's is starting to become white. I'd prefer she didn't dye it because I think she'll look good with white hair because her mother does but she is going to start soon most likely.

wife has had a grey streak from the scalp or her right crown often cascaded down the right of her face contrasting between flesh and a beautiful chestnut brown since the age of 19, now representing a trendy fashion it seems.

She’s dyed it over the years off and on but for the most part leaves it as I do admire it quite often. I as well started turning salt and pepper randomly across the scalp and progressing over the years across tue thinned landscape of a darker walnut brown.

As for facial hair, randomized between fairly dirty blonde, dark walnut and equally graced though lesser noticed reds; grey and white scattered directly across slightly below jawline from tonsilar region to tonsilar region across the submandible/submental at and thereafter the age of 25.

It has never bothered me any, aside from feeling a bit old when evidently lazy and finding my appearance in reflection and as well my hair has always been uncomfortable, always lobbing it off within 1/8” remaining until the feeling eventually annoys once more.

I love the look of grey/white/silver, so long as it’s not too much of a contrast against the persons complexion and grew up with a man who had silver his entire life and it did evoke a lot of swooning back in the mid-late 90’s, don’t know how it bodes for him now.

i don't see a reason to dye the hairs. i especially find it cool when it grows in strands. i had a strand of gray hair someone ripped it off though :•(

New Threads

Top Bottom