• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weather

Super rainy. Mid of the day with a sunny sky darkness, raining. No sunlight visible on Earth. Where's the summer anymore? I can't wear a comfy dress anymore and feel my flesh relaxing in the warmth, the rays of the sun pushing against my back and needy lungs:cryingcat: Instead I can't get rid of a sore throat for weeks.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone along the Gulf of Mexico stay safe! We're getting preliminary cloud bands and gusty wind from Hurricane Laura now. I think the heavy rain and wind will start coming in tonight. It's a category 3 now but continuing to strengthen and is moving west toward Texas/Louisiana border. We are located on the eastern side of the storm this time which is often the worst because it spawns numerous tornadoes. Expecting 40 mph winds here tonight and tomorrow.

But who knows? The meteorologists on TV are such drama queens!

I know it's funny @Mary Terry We have three levels of warning, yellow, orange and red and weather sometimes gets really dangerous only when it's red warning.

Same in my country. When temperature raises above 32 degrees celsius they warn us that heat can cause health difficulties.
Lots of people died here at 31 deg c. I imagine if you have an AC car or enter stores the weather outside won't affect you much but if you're working on a field or travel great distances and are low on water you might die.

Lots of people died here at 31 deg c. I imagine if you have an AC car or enter stores the weather outside won't affect you much but if you're working on a field or travel great distances and are low on water you might die.
Yeah, the worst heat for me is when it occurs in early June or September because then I have to go to school that has no AC. We have school holidays from 19 June to 7 September this year and at the holidays I don't go out if temperature is above 30. There is going to be a heatwave this weekend, and then it's going to cool significantly, with days cooler than 25.

It's winter now, but the weather in Zagreb is not winter at all. It's warm and rainy like in spring or autumn. Temperature dosen't drop below zero even during the night. They barely prepared a ski track for world cup races using technology to produce snow because there is no snow even on mountains, that artificali snow was also mushy and slushy because of warmth and rain. I'm now interested in how is the winter in other places? Is it warm, cold, snowy, rainy, dry...?

It is typical here in Florida.
Warm most of the time. Cold for us would be around freezing during the
night, and then only for several nights in a row.

It is typical here in Florida.
Warm most of the time. Cold for us would be around freezing during the
night, and then only for several nights in a row.
For us it is normal to be freezing in the night, but in last few weeks there was only one freezing night and I find it abnormal. It's snowing now, but it is 2 degrees and the snow dosen't cover the land. One of my classmates has been to Florida during the winter and he says he wore short sleeves there. The weather in my place is often crazy. No snow and no freezing temperatures around Christmas, real spring weather in February and then snow in March and freezing mornings in April and once even in May. Sometimes we even had alternating hot weather and cold weather freezing mornings.

Anyone else get excited in the spring when severe storms start? I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I find US weather fascinating and I always enjoy the people on the Weather Channel speaking about Tornadoes on Doppler Radar and how to find them, etc.

Anyone else get excited in the spring when severe storms start? I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I find US weather fascinating and I always enjoy the people on the Weather Channel speaking about Tornadoes on Doppler Radar and how to find them, etc.

You aren't the only one, I think everyone has interest in storm clouds to some degree, it makes for great photography, and even without a camera just watching it (safely of course)... I know some photographers who specialize in it, even here in Canada we have some storm chasers, the province of Saskatchewan can have some epic storm clouds and the occasional tornado, but not the extent of what happens in the United States...

The weather in Croatia is a bit extreme now. It was 27 degrees Celsius two days ago and it will snow on tuesday. My fruits had started flowering and are going to freeze on snow and -6 degrees.

One of my few autistic intersets is weather and meterology. Currently I'm a bit worried because it is summer, but I don't feel like it's summer because the weather is rainy and colder than usual in July. I live in Croatia where summers are normally pretty hot and often dry. At the seaside it is usually hot and dry and the sea is warm, but this year it wasn't hot, some days were cloudy, rainy and windy and the sea was cooler than ususal. My theory about bad summer weather is that oceans are warming because of global warming and then the clouds are forming a lot above Atlantic and those clouds bring us rain, wind and low temperatures. Write what is your opinion about weather this summer, are you happy with the weather, is it too cold, or maybe too hot in some parts of the world?

Hello,
I am interested in weather, sun, solar system and earthquakes and volcanoes.
I follow dutchsinse for earthquakes and I follow suspicious observers for sun, planetary, global and solar system weather.

In 2020 we reached the grand solar minimum of the 11 year solar cycle. This means much reduced sun spot activity which affects our weather here on earth. So not surprised that we had cooler weather. In a solar minimum we have increased volcanic activity. We are past the peak so slowly we are going to head for the solar maximum which means more sun spots, solar storms, increased earthquakes and weather warming. We could also see electric grid outtages as well.
Did you know that the last solar maximum changed the eye atmosphere on the planet Jupiter? There were many changes to the other planets as well. People think it just affects planet earth.
It is a shame that elite capitalists are taking advantage of these solar cycles for money and power.
We need to take care of our planet, but some things are out of our control.
People say we are very close to a pole shift.
Magnetic pole north has left the artic and racing towards Northern Russia.
So, yes I am very interested in weather and such. I am also interested in the independent researcher that is not tied to corporations/governments.

In 2020 we reached the grand solar minimum of the 11 year solar cycle. This means much reduced sun spot activity which affects our weather here on earth. So not surprised that we had cooler weather.
It was cooler in summer, but also warmer in winter, in both 2020 and 2021 we had a real spring weather in February followed by summer weather in April before getting cold again. It's becoming more extreme.
increased earthquakes
Yes, there were two strong earthquakes in Croatia. On 22 March 2020 there was a 5,5 magnitude earthquake in Zagreb that damaged many buildings. On 29 December there was a 6,3 magnitude in earthquake in Petrinja and Sisak that demolished some buildings there and also did more damage in Zagreb. Luckilly my house left undamaged in both earthquakes.

That's too bad.
This happens every spring. In last 7 years 2018 was the only year it didn't happen. In 2016, 2017 and 2019 these were no longer flowers, but little fruits on freezing temperatures and they are even more sensitive.

So, time to revive the topic with recent interesting events.

Christmas and New year were extremely warm with temperatures reaching 18 degrees on New year's day. That persisted until a week ago and it looked like a year without winter, but winter has eventually come with waking up under 10 cm of snow today. This is the biggest snow here since February 2018.

Another snowless christmas in Zagreb. Last snowy one was in 2007.

The summer was stormy this year and not very hot, but fall was extremely warm. They say combination of greenhouse gas emissions, solar maximum, El Nino and Hunga Tonga eruption led to extremely high global temperature.

New Threads

Top Bottom