• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wear red, white, or blue on the Fourth of July?

Pink Jazz

If you remember, I previously did a thread about color coordinating clothes to holidays. However, the Fourth of July is always a difficult holiday to choose. Since last year I wore blue, I am thinking I should do red or white this year.

Does anyone have any ideas?

i mght wear jeans (blue) a red t shirt and i have a silk scarf that is red white and blue American flag pattern. and white sneakers.
I usually wear all three on the fourth and throw fashion caution to the wind!

I have a hard time remembering holidays, so I've never remembered to dress for the holiday. I guess if I did, I would probably try to wear all three colors. maybe. :)

Oh gods, that's right.... THAT day is coming. Ugh.

"Everyone drink and make an idiot of yourself while your pets cower under the couch in terror due to all the explosions" day.

I know full well what I'll be doing that day: comforting the dog while NOT leaving the house for any conceivable reason.

As for what I'll be wearing? A fine coating of panic-shed dog hair, on top of my usual random clothing choices.

Oh gods, that's right.... THAT day is coming. Ugh.

"Everyone drink and make an idiot of yourself while your pets cower under the couch in terror due to all the explosions" day.

I know full well what I'll be doing that day: comforting the dog while NOT leaving the house for any conceivable reason.

As for what I'll be wearing? A fine coating of panic-shed dog hair, on top of my usual random clothing choices.

LOL. :) I always pray for rain on the 4th. If that fails, I stay inside with the cats, dog and grandbabies. We watch the family and neighbor idiots playing with fireworks through the window.

I like July 4th food - burgers, sausages, BBQ chicken, baked beans, etc cooked outside on the grill.

My industry always has July 4th off. So I stay home and work on stuff in the garage. Old blue jeans, old white t shirt, and well I often end up cutting myself on whatever I'm working on, so there's the red.

I don't like going out on the 4th, the traffic nightmare with parades and fireworks. I don't like parades. Practically every weekend in the summer at least one town has fireworks, so I prefer to choose one that is less crowded. Or watch them from a remote overlook.

As a side note, yesterday I put up our red, white, and blue light bulbs on the front of our house. They will be up through the weekend after the Fourth of July. If you remember I did another thread about holiday decorations.

Canada Day for me, for the Canada 150 celebrations in 2017 I bought a Canada 150 shirt and hat.

New Threads

Top Bottom