• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Was told I'll need to improve my "communication skills" if I want to be hired directly :/

In which case, discrimination is going on there, for if they are a big company, it shows them to be a greedy company if they refuse to hire those who are not the "norm".

Define "the norm"?! Contrary to the opinions of morons who don't know their arse from their elbow, Aspies are just as "normal" as everyone else IMO.

The key is not to be afraid of offending people when you speak, and leave your diagnosis in the past.I've learned this very recently (I'm 30) and my confidence has rocketed since. Also, as someone who has experience, you don't want to be hired directly - all that micromanaging, all that corporate politics and BS; if I were you, keep your autonomy in your job and stay a contractor. Good luck.

^^This. If I ever have to work in an office situation again, I'll keep my autonomy and be a contractor.

^^This. If I ever have to work in an office situation again, I'll keep my autonomy and be a contractor.

That certainly worked for me as a contract web designer. The upside was not being immersed in corporate politics and intrigue. The downside? No benefits. But I liked being somewhat "detached" where it counted.

New Threads

Top Bottom