• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Caelix3

Lately, I've been obsessed with virtual worlds. More than usual. I can't stop thinking about it and when I get to play again. I constantly want to ask my parents for money, to buy things on these virtual worlds. Which isn't a good thing. I just love how the avatars look and how you can socialize with random people. How you can make your avatar look any way you want. The look of the world and activities you can do. I grow annoyed when someone doesn't want to join or play with me, in the virtual worlds. THEY ARE AMAZING!!!

In There, you can do a lot of activities. You can drive,fly using a hoverpack or hoverboat,have a dog,voice chat if you have the premium membership,drink cool looking drinks,go to events,play games,etc.

In Second Life, you can do some activities. You can work at a job to earn in-game money,fly,customize your avatar's body,use voice chat,join groups,explore,etc.

In IMVU, you can do activities too. Play a game called walk off,go in different chat rooms with different scenery,join groups,do actions like hug somebody or punch somebody,sit or stand in different places and possibly do poses,etc.

The three top ones I am obsessed with are...

• Second Life
  • There (There.com)
  • IMVU

I once had a little bit of interest in PlayStation Home, a virtual world too. you might be familiar with it. You could do all this stuff too, buy Diesel clothes, get a dinosaur costume, play pool or 10 pin bowling. Looking at it now does make me wonder why this is so much more attractive that doing it in real life. I guess at the ripe old age of 25 I'm turning into an old man. I can appreciate the sensory problems, the work you need to do in order to learn to drive a car - I'm doing that at the moment, or if you're under age; things just not being as assessable if you live in the countryside like I do, and if you suffer anxiety like I do!

If you are under age or even if you're not, do you think you'd eventually like to adapt this behaviour into real life, or is this something you can only do in a virtual space?

I once had a little bit of interest in PlayStation Home, a virtual world too. you might be familiar with it. You could do all this stuff too, buy Diesel clothes, get a dinosaur costume, play pool or 10 pin bowling. Looking at it now does make me wonder why this is so much more attractive that doing it in real life. I guess at the ripe old age of 25 I'm turning into an old man. I can appreciate the sensory problems, the work you need to do in order to learn to drive a car - I'm doing that at the moment, or if you're under age; things just not being as assessable if you live in the countryside like I do, and if you suffer anxiety like I do!

If you are under age or even if you're not, do you think you'd eventually like to adapt this behaviour into real life, or is this something you can only do in a virtual space?
I may be able to do some things in real life. Although I have really bad social anxiety and anxiety in general. So I am currently putting off driving and getting a job. I'm 18 btw. I have social security so I'm at least able to pay one bill for my parents. I've thought of joining groups in real life. I probably will try and do it. I just like the aspect of virtual I guess.

Yeah, I completely get it with the anxiety. My anxiety stops me a lot from going places on my own, getting on my motorbike, that sort of thing. Good luck getting a job, it can be hard out there. If you find it really hard to get employment have a look at voluntary stuff, it's nice to have on your CV.

I guess the virtual world stuff can be a sort of expression that you want all those things in your own life but maybe you're unsure of achieving it; it can seem like jumping through flaming hoops a lot of the time. Took me years to muster up the courage to get driving lessons.

Yeah, I completely get it with the anxiety. My anxiety stops me a lot from going places on my own, getting on my motorbike, that sort of thing. Good luck getting a job, it can be hard out there. If you find it really hard to get employment have a look at voluntary stuff, it's nice to have on your CV.

I guess the virtual world stuff can be a sort of expression that you want all those things in your own life but maybe you're unsure of achieving it; it can seem like jumping through flaming hoops a lot of the time. Took me years to muster up the courage to get driving lessons.
What do you mean by voluntary stuff? Like volunteering?

What do you mean by voluntary stuff? Like volunteering?

Yeah! I do a bit of it and it helps me out with my anxiety, one day I'd like to be anxiety free, don't know which one will come first, full time employment or less mental illness.

Sorry, I'm going off topic on your thread.

I love www.marapets.com. It's a virtual pet world. What I like most is statting my pets and working on my virtual collections. I've been spending some of my real money there lately but am cutting back.

New Threads

Top Bottom