• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Virtual Fireplaces - Fireplaces through your TV...

AGXStarseed

Do any of you use these and if so, do you have a favourite?

Virtual Fireplaces are videos of a fireplace that last for an hour or more and can be played through your Smart TV (or via the internet/usb video, etc.) to give your room a more cosy look.

Here's one example with a "cosy" Christmas theme:

Here's another with some Instrumental Christmas music thrown in:

My boyfriend sometimes switches on the virtual fireplace on his laptop to create a romantic atmosphere, heheh.

No, I have a wood stove with window in the door.

An actual wood stove, I mean.
Not a video showing a picture of a fire burning.

Do any of you use these and if so, do you have a favourite?

Virtual Fireplaces are videos of a fireplace that last for an hour or more and can be played through your Smart TV (or via the internet/usb video, etc.) to give your room a more cosy look.

Here's one example with a "cosy" Christmas theme:

Here's another with some Instrumental Christmas music thrown in:
Did it for a few seconds now I watch videos for cats The one I specifically watch is garden birds

In place of a real one, the fake ones are fine. There is nothing wrong with second best. It's all about atmosphere. Less mess, and minimal need to involve the fire department.

Me too. Mine is actually a multi fuel stove - wood and coal. I prefer burning wood as I love the smell of it.

I also have another 'living flame' inset gas fire in another room. This doesn't throw off as much heat at the multi fuel stove, but it looks nice and the cats love lying directly in front of it :catface::catface::catface:

In place of a real one, the fake ones are fine. There is nothing wrong with second best. It's all about atmosphere.

Not where I live.
Real heat is preferable to a picture.

I generally use 14 or 15 face cords of wood per year.

I suppose I could consider the wood stove as
providing atmosphere. An atmosphere of not freezing
is what I want, in the winter.

There's a tv channel that plays one on Christmas day that my mom usually puts on when we are opening Christmas gifts. I'm not sure what channel it is. I don't use a virtual fireplace for the rest of the year.

Did it for a few seconds now I watch videos for cats The one I specifically watch is garden birds
My cats have showed limited interest in those birds, BUT.... I would never leave the house with a bird video running. Our TV is on a table and I'd be nervous about coming home and finding a smashed TV on the floor! Better safe than sorry.

My cats have showed limited interest in those birds, BUT.... I would never leave the house with a bird video running. Our TV is on a table and I'd be nervous about coming home and finding a smashed TV on the floor! Better safe than sorry.
didn’t need the advice

So do I, it's nice and it's really warm. During power failures I make entire meals on it, and a neighbor comes to stay as he only has electric heating. I don't use it all the time now. Only in the spring and autumn. Use about two cords per year.

So do I, it's nice and it's really warm. During power failures I make entire meals on it, and a neighbor comes to stay as he only has electric heating. I don't use it all the time now. Only in the spring and autumn. Use about two cords per year.

I only use my wood stove to heat the house during power outages, which rarely ever happen here where I live. It's also hard to get real firewood around here as well, so most of the time I'm burning junk mail, paper trash and wood scraps I get from construction sites.

I am just having a multi fuel fire installed , after Christmas. I am impressed with the ways these have changed over the years, they air wash the door glass now so the fire burning is pleasantly visible. I am having a plain one, on a polished granite hearth stone. They will have to break back into the chimney and also install a flu. Dusty and loud I expect. I am not sure what a face cord of wood is, probably quite a lot?

New Threads

Top Bottom