• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Useful Aspergers Syndrome / Autism Links, Articles and Resources

Welcome Davide!

I heard somewhere that Einstein was not able to tie his shoelaces - interesting in the light of the fact the he was one of the greatest scientists alive, since Newton.

Rob

Oh, by the way, try googling Jacob Barnett - this kid is 13 years old, hilarious, entertaining, and very brilliant. His video is fun to watch!

Have a great night - Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
check out the book "Cat's Cradle" by Vonnegut!

Welcome Davide!

I heard somewhere that Einstein was not able to tie his shoelaces - interesting in the light of the fact the he was one of the greatest scientists alive, since Newton.

Hi again - I just checked Wikipedia on this book. It sounds very intriguing. Right now I have another deep philosophical book called The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I think there are many interesting parallels in the Cat's Cradle to developments happening right now before our eyes. Though the book is fiction the author seems to have a foretaste of the future.

Thanks for sharing this - Rob

Hi again - I just checked Wikipedia on this book. It sounds very intriguing. Right now I have another deep philosophical book called The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I think there are many interesting parallels in the Cat's Cradle to developments happening right now before our eyes. Though the book is fiction the author seems to have a foretaste of the future.

Thanks for sharing this - Rob

first post I see as a new member..... a philisophical book! I love philosophy, so I feel as though I might enjoy it here haha

i know not a proper resource but i think might help as personally found it helpful is a person called dan bull on youtube he has 2 albums first called safe and second called face it is rap music but not as in 50 cent etc but more traditional non commercial way personally i am not keen on rap music but found these amazing.
he also has his raps on about games like skyrim etc
sadly his ones above about his aspergers arent as well known.

The only thing that kept my psychiatrist from giving me a diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome was that I scored too high on "empathy". I understand that there is some evidence, however, that female Aspies are better at reading social cues and at interacting with others.

Am hoping to read about latest diagnostic tests for aspergers. Interested in reading forums dealing with relationship difficulties when one partner has aspergers.

Thanks for this. I actually have a hard time trying to find articles and resources for ASD. I had copied all that is written here. and may I share a book that I've read, It's Raining Cats and Dogs - this is very informative one. Thank you. Cheers everyone!

I'm new here, too, but stumbled on a book entitled "Aspergirls" that discusses that topic. Good luck on your journey.

Three years ago, I was diagnosed with provisional Asperger's disorder, then my therapist and I were working together for two years, and she confirmed that my behaviors were very Asperger's. I tend to have poor eye contact when talking with people. Sometimes, I cannot look at someone in the eyes when I am uncomfortable. I tend to look down when I am upset or when I feel threatened by another person, when talking.

Watch "Ask an Autistic - What is Autistic Burnout?" on YouTube - Ask an Autistic - What is Autistic Burnout?:

New Threads

Top Bottom