• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

USA home to four super volcanos.

Supervolcanoes were one of 15 or so topics I read about in a news article titled "How the world will end." it was a double page spread with a background image of the tsar bomber nuclear test.

I never read the paper as a kid, but I flicked through a paper one day when I was 14 and saw that and that was it. This triggered a year solid of constant anxiety, depression and despair.

It took me many years to reach a point of acceptance. As with many fears we fixate on through anxiety - most are utterly out of our control. That article did some heavy damage though - it was the final nail in the innocence of youth and my head exploded with constant and relentless anxieties.

Nowadays I don't read the news. This month is my 4 year anniversary being news free. I figure it doesn't really have our best interests at heart. It fixates on the extremes if human behaviour - murder, violence, war, abuse and corruption. I thought to myself if I knew someone who did nothing but focus on such things, I'd never want to talk to them. Again, it was reading articles completely out of my realm of control and it provoked no end of anxieties.

It helped a lot with my anxiety and depression.

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom