• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Uploading Profile Photos, Albums & Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
Hey everyone,

In this guide I will show you how to upload photos to your profile, manage photo albums and change your avatar.

Uploading a profile photo.

First go to your control panel by clicking the "settings" link at the bottom of your screen (without scrolling down). From here, locate "My Settings" from the bar on the left. Then find the link "Edit Profile Picture". From here you can upload a new photo for your profile. Please note: photos must not be larger than 500x500 pixels and if they are, our system will attempt to resize them.

Using Photo Albums.

You may also upload photos to your photo albums. Click Here to manage your photo albums. Photo albums work in a similar way to those of social networking websites. You can upload as many photos as you want as long as they are under 1024x768 pixels. If they are over this size, our system will attempt to resize the photo.

Changing your avatar.

Your avatar is separate from your profile photo and will display beside all posts that you make on the forums. To change your avatar, go to your Control Panel, under "My Settings" on the left bar, find the link "Edit Avatar". From here you can upload, change and delete your avatar.

Privacy Settings.

To control who has access to your profile, photos and photo albums, adjust your privacy settings by Clicking Here.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

What size (including file size) is the picture that you are trying to post? Are you trying to post it in a thread or upload it to your profile?

To change your avatar, click here. Make sure that "Use custom avatar" is checked before uploading.

it said that my picture was too big to post and how does one get Avatar for themselves?

Normally the avatars should automatically change the size for you to the right amount.
(Maximum for profile and forum avatar 500 by 500 pixels or 210.0 KB).

Last edited:
The image for my signature hasn't appeared so I suppose I'll have to go back and check what size that is. Also, it came up with an error when I tried to save it locally. My images are now hosted from my home server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom