• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Unlikely situations and what to do.

Wolfsage

In training to be Wolf King.
Kinda of fun game. Tell an unlikely situation and what you would do in response.

For example flying cat zooming toward you. Do you let it pass? Or try to catch it?

Well if it's a flying cat, it's probably got claws out, typically if a cat zooms by your head you just dodged a surprise strike. PREPARE FOR DANGER.

Okay, I've got a few:

1. You're walking through a hotel, turn a corner, and on a table is an animatronic donkey head. Just sitting there by itself. It starts talking to you, it comments on your appearance. Do you respond? Or do you do something else?

2. There's a ninja pushing a shopping cart full of other ninjas that are wearing masks of various US presidents. They charge by. Do you even do anything at all?

3. You're at a gas station, and the cashier pulls out what looks like a glass ball. It has a propeller on top. It suddenly lights up, and begins flying randomly around. It is uncontrolled! Try to grab it? Just avoid it? Why is it even there?

While these situations are... certainly unlikely... they also arent things I made up. All 3 are experiences I've run into. So... I know what I would do in these situations since I already did it.

Okay. You peek outside hotel window and the entire pool has Santa Claus suited people walking around in San Francisco in the summer time. Do you call the front desk?

My bank manager freaked out,hit the silent alarm over a harmless customer, and l walked up to the glass front doors and told the swat team with their guns drawn, NO. Not needed. Yes, they yelled at me "do you know who we are?". In my defense, l was only 18. What would you have done?

My daughter was a tiny tot at Chucky Cheese happily feeding her tickets she won into the token machine and the ticket counter shorted her and stopped. The manager walks up and instead of asking me what she was missing, asked her. She immedately informed in a straight forward voice that she was missing a 100 tokens. He didn't question her and gave them to her. l didn't say anything because l don't really know based on her only being like 4 , that she knew it was wrong to fib. So l said nothing. What would you do? l chose to say nothing.

You have decided in your small little brain that as a tween that you can ski down the black diamond rated hill with huge mogals, because you just can. You get off the chair-lift and realize you are way outside of your comfort zone and the only way down is sitting butt down on skis and butt skiing and slowly going down. Would you have walked down?

l have had other things happen but these are all pg rated and don't involve even weirder things. lol

Last edited:
Well if it's a flying cat, it's probably got claws out, typically if a cat zooms by your head you just dodged a surprise strike. PREPARE FOR DANGER.

Okay, I've got a few:

1. You're walking through a hotel, turn a corner, and on a table is an animatronic donkey head. Just sitting there by itself. It starts talking to you, it comments on your appearance. Do you respond? Or do you do something else?

2. There's a ninja pushing a shopping cart full of other ninjas that are wearing masks of various US presidents. They charge by. Do you even do anything at all?

3. You're at a gas station, and the cashier pulls out what looks like a glass ball. It has a propeller on top. It suddenly lights up, and begins flying randomly around. It is uncontrolled! Try to grab it? Just avoid it? Why is it even there?

While these situations are... certainly unlikely... they also arent things I made up. All 3 are experiences I've run into. So... I know what I would do in these situations since I already did it.

Those are very strange. Defintely interesting.

Another strange one- l get off the plane from Europe (just went abroad after graduating high school) and New York's electrical power just went out. I think it was for a day or so. Do you stay in airport or leave?

In a work related locker room there was only myself and one other colleague.

We engaged in that end of shift/ polite niceties type chitty chat while changing.

When I looked up I observed her asking and answering questions while her eyes never left the reflection in a full length mirror.

Do you:

1) Investigate the mirrors portal to another mesmerising dimension?

2) Celebrate you've found the "Mirror of Erised" and join your colleague to gaze in and see your hearts desires realised?

3) Search your memory data to confirm this behaviour isn't the norm and not to include it in your 'masking' ?

4) Politely say goodbye and swiftly exit?

We engaged in that end of shift/ polite niceties type chitty chat while changing.

When I looked up I observed her asking and answering questions while her eyes never left the reflection in a full length mirror.

Do you:

2) Celebrate you've found the "Mirror of Erised" and join your colleague to gaze in and see your hearts desires realised?

3) Search your memory data to confirm this behaviour isn't the norm and not to include it in your 'masking' ?

ha, seen this many times, I think it's adoration of the self or how well their mask suits them, like no-one suspects it's a mask! They really really love the mirror, those mirrorphiles.

Do you:

What was the angle? Because maybe it was you she was seeing in the mirror.

Okay, I've got a few:

1. I would say hello and talk with the donkey head.
2. Stand back, it's scary.
3. Run away or take cover, it's weird. Yet intriguing.

A perfect person, who had everything good at her "fingertips" and then, one day, a snake starts to talk to her and tells her that she can be like God.

What would you do? Think. A snake talking to me so suddenly, but then think: ok, I can go with this and listens.

2. Not think it strange and likes what is said and so is enticed.

3. This is weird and certainly not worth listening to and turn away?

A real account.

@Aspychata :

1. Yes I would have tried to be helpful and explain stuff to the SWAT team. How could that be dangerous after all?

2. Yes it's fair, he asked her, and she probably didn't distinguish at that age between what she ideally had and what she actually had. Plus, she only asked for 100, not a million. That's realistic and deserves reward.

3. Oh scary. I would have sat down and looked scared, an adult might have helped, if not eventually I might realise I could walk down. This kind of thing still happens to me, btw.

@Aspychata :

1. Yes I would have tried to be helpful and explain stuff to the SWAT team. How could that be dangerous after all?

2. Yes it's fair, he asked her, and she probably didn't distinguish at that age between what she ideally had and what she actually had. Plus, she only asked for 100, not a million. That's realistic and deserves reward.

3. Oh scary. I would have sat down and looked scared, an adult might have helped, if not eventually I might realise I could walk down. This kind of thing still happens to me, btw.

We think black and white, like the Swat team knows l am the employee. But as the visibly upset swat veteran told me, don't you know we could have shot you. lol. Very true. They just see an unknown person approaching them.

Got another fun one. You walk down the stairwell and someone starts playing the force theme for Star Wars on a trumpet.
Do you become one with the force?
Look into the sunset?
Vanish leaving behind your robes.

Got another fun one. You walk down the stairwell and someone starts playing the force theme for Star Wars on a trumpet.
Do you become one with the force?
Look into the sunset?
Vanish leaving behind your robes.

:D - Is mild paranoia, awkwardness and dissolving into the stairwell an option?

No?

Okay. I choose becoming one with the force :)

Your abducted by elephants and they keep trying to stick peanuts up your nose.

Do you:

1) Cry.
2) Jump on ones back and lead them over the Alps to conquer Rome.
3) Learn to eat peanuts thru the nose.

My choice - 2 and 3. When in Rome do as the elephants do.

Your abducted by elephants and they keep trying to stick peanuts up your nose.

Do you:

1) Cry.
2) Jump on ones back and lead them over the Alps to conquer Rome.
3) Learn to eat peanuts thru the nose.

My choice - 2 and 3. When in Rome do as the elephants do.

I think I should like to learn to chew peanuts using my nasal concha while atop my kidnappers headed over mountainous topography in the general direction of Rome.

On reaching Rome,
I might charge tuition fees for concha crunching.
Or head up a professional kidnapping organisation. Employing elephants to do the dirty work.

I think I should like to learn to chew peanuts using my nasal concha while atop my kidnappers headed over mountainous topography in the general direction of Rome.

On reaching Rome,
I might charge tuition fees for concha crunching.
Or head up a professional kidnapping organisation. Employing elephants to do the dirty work.

Ah we think alike. I was also considering what to do once we got there. I thought I would let tourists take pictures on the elephants in front of the Collusium. $125.00 a pop. Labor would be cheap. They work for peanuts. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom