• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Unintentionally Scary Movies

You'llPokeYourEyeOut

Is there a movie that is not meant to be creepy, yet scares you to no end? I have always felt this way about "E.T.: The Extraterrestrial". That movie freaks.me.out. I even hated Reese's Pieces because of it. I was so glad when he finally went home.

How about you?

Last edited:
Though not a film, I can't stand the Snuggle Fabric Softener Bear:

Not only creepy, but it promotes dangerous sleeping practices for babies.
Babies under one year old are not supposed to sleep with blankets, padded sides to cribs or other soft bedding. Such materials trap and reflect CO2, thereby increasing the infant's risk of Sudden INfant Death Syndrome.

Safe to Sleep® Public Education Campaign
Nearly 55 percent of U.S. infants sleep with potentially unsafe bedding

Not a movie, but Dr Who was too scarey for me when I was at primary school. Became a favourite at high school age.

Turning the question around... Gremlins was promoted as a horror, but is really a comedy.

Not a movie but a TV series. Neon Genesis Evangelion is not explicitly stated to be a part of the horror genre, but it scared the living daylights out of me. The hardest episodes to watch were the ones where EVA Unit 01 went "berserk". And don't even get me started on End of Evangelion...

Don't get me wrong, it's one of my all-time favorite anime due to how masterfully it was created, but it's incredibly difficult for me to watch and puts me in a weird mood when I do.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Yes, you know what scene I'm talking about.

But as far as an entire movie is concerned?

The Dark Crystal.

New Threads

Top Bottom