• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Understanding how other people work

When the Amish shun a person they aren't taking away their ability to survive. They are taking away their ability to socialize. For most humans that is an extremely painful condition. It leads to depression and despair. There will always be some who can handle it better than others. Like any other human trait, it is distributed on a bell curve.

This is the second time you've quoted my disagreement with your post to point out what you meant, but truly I did actually understand the first time I read it. I see the potential effects of shunning differently to how you see them, evidently, and generally was making a point that I think is valid, let's agree to differ.

New Threads

Top Bottom