• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Unbiased Trans Information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also family decisions in such matters can be difficult and could be detrimental. based on the patient's medical file some cases are more difficult.

Many have said their gender identity remained fluid well after the start of treatment, and a third of them expressed regret about their decision to transition from the gender they were assigned at birth. Some said they avoided telling their doctors about detransitioning out of embarrassment or shame. Others said their doctors were ill-equipped to help them with the process. Most often, they talked about how transitioning did not address their mental health problems.

Like roda said, both sides can have a bias. There have been a handful of Detransitioners Who have become transphobic after detransitioning.

I try and just stay on the side of accepting people no matter what truth be told.

Like roda said, both sides can have a bias. There have been a handful of Detransitioners Who have become transphobic after detransitioning.

I try and just stay on the side of accepting people no matter what truth be told.
Source?

Transphobia is a word thrown around easily nowadays, misinterpreted people's speeches as fear of transgender people but some cases of people are true transphobes who are not interested in thinking about the person.

There are mental problems that can be mislabeled or misunderstood even by the sufferers, and if the medical team just says okay we understand that's what you want it's a recipe for disaster. some issues with gender as a female human accepted into society can be hard to determine for a kid.

I'm glad you're willing to document so much and she\they = open to it as well, as some things cannot be changed back. If my family took the time and cared about my life and future so much without coming with a rigid "no" or being punished for it I would feel loved and I would feel that I could truly talk about my problems and ideas and I wasn't alone, I could get help. So even if it gets hard keep in mind it's important to keep the communication lines open. And honesty with each other and with the medical team is important.

Last edited:
@Jonn

There's a problem with the "two sides" trope that induces immediate distrust in people who prefer facts to rhetoric.

It's a useful principle to apply when reviewing something. In that context it helps get the complete picture, and can help tighten up your argument.

But it's used a lot, not least in the domain that's the focus for this discussion, to dishonestly weaken an opponents argument by implying what @Ronald Zeeman explained above - the illusion that both sides have the same weight.

That rationale would have us teaching epicycles as a potentially valid explanation for planetary motion :)

Last edited:
I don't think I'd like transphobia on my medical file as a side effect for sex fixing surgery. :p [I don't think they'll ever write it even if it'd be true being a personality psychological\philosophical fact that can have other triggers, like we all assume]

Case: internet trolls called my friend on YouTube a transphobe then my other friend heard about it and told Joanne about it and that she was a transpobic once trans and had to detransition from self-hatred. So now Joanne and her friends all call her a transphobe.

This case comes from a real youtuber, though some details were altered. But that tends to happen on YouTube.

An activist is by definition a partisan, and if you're not with them they might assume you're against them. Same with the majoritarily opposite activism extremists in my area.

That's where the line between true homophobia\social domination by difference and false labels comes into play and where human respect tends to start to drop which will eventually lead to wars if people throw hurtful claims.

To assume detrans are also homophobic might be reasonable, but not massively. That's why I think to counter it search different views and groups which require documentation for their discussion, if it's not obvious from their looks. I think groups are also more trustworthy than single streamers who make videos for a living or fame who might make shocking and controversial content for gain in the comfort of their home unrelated to an organization. Then again organizations might as well have their bias, so content which doesn't seem biased is superior.

@alex,
I would post the video but there is a swear word, and although it is age appropriate PG 13, the site rules here prohibit it. Pm me if interested.

@All-Rounder

@alex isn’t here.

1695638866206.png

I think you mean Fino.

Right, I understand that is his name. I was just trying to tell you that the user you are tagging, @alex is someone different that hasn’t been here since 2010.
In my days we used to quote and have to select the person for it to be quoted, at least that's how I remember it.

But now some things are changed, and links work easier and coding is a choice.

No. EDIT: I don’t have one.

I trust @Bolletje’s medical information to be objective.
Bolletje's link was really good, though takes a long time to read.

I like how they offer alternatives to some surgeries such as voice training and they also relate results of the studies on hrt based on age and what will happen, such as slowed psychological development in teenagers. There is definitely enough data to make an informed plan. Enough people didn't have the benefit of so much information.

It's interesting but some scientists can get bullied by publishing results on gender differences or tests. The data can be dissatisfactory at times plus having people draw some conclusions of inferiority or superiority by comparing.

Arguments are not always equal in weight or authority. some Stuff taken as facts are just wrong. So be wary.

Agreed.
The only way to find out what is reasonable and what is not is to hear both sides and make a personal judgment call.
Well, that is my MO.

I am anti-censorship, btw.
I think the individual should decide for themselves. :cool:

But it's used a lot, not least in the domain that's the focus for this discussion, to dishonestly weaken an opponents argument by implying what @Ronald Zeeman explained above - the illusion that both sides have the same weight.
I never assume both opinions are equal.

Agreed.
The only way to find out what is reasonable and what is not is to hear both sides and make a personal judgment call.
Well, that is my MO.

I am anti-censorship, btw.
I think the individual should decide for themselves. :cool:
Censorship such as malignant jokes, but they are only jokes? It's up to individual how they perceive them, whether dark humor is taken seriously or some autistic joke might propagate some dramatic untrue thing if left unchecked. But people with critical thinking skills would be able to distinguish it from truth and not propagate the idea.

How many autistic people does it take to change a lightbulb?
“One, but what do you want me to change it into?”

Studying jokes wouldn't get me any closer to science. :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom