• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Umm weird ads

jane_doe

So can we stop with the bizarre nsfw adds,
Screenshot_20230529_102958_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think one problem with ads is that it can be difficult for the site owner to control exactly which ads show up on a site. So sometimes you get things like that.

It looks like it's an ad for a comic called Big Sized Disciple. I would guess they expect a lot of manga fans to be here.

It looks like it's an ad for a comic called Big Sized Disciple. I would guess they expect a lot of manga fans to be here.

Yeah manga and these Japanese cartoons are mentioned many times on the forum, so those words are picked up by something and then we get ads like that. I'm guessing.

I'll bet if everyone writes the words "Ballet Shoes" for example over and over here, we'll get a lot of ads for ballet equipment. :)

Yeah manga and these Japanese cartoons are mentioned many times on the forum, so those words are picked up by something and then we get ads like that. I'm guessing.

I'll bet if everyone writes the words "Ballet Shoes" for example over and over here, we'll get a lot of ads for ballet equipment. :)
We should try that!
We could get creative with it.

Baby elephants?
Spare spaceship parts?
Scented markers?

:D I was going to say, "Ballet Shoes is my favorite comic." (joking) But, then I realized there is probably some risqué manga with that title.

Nothing is safe anymore!

Those ads you see, I believe, are often a result of the algorithms built into the internet provider (Google, Foxfire, Bing, etc.), not this website, per se.

If you started looking at adds for shoes, vitamins, air travel, pet supplies, whatever, you will start to see those pop-up adds here, as well. So, if you are seeing what appears to be "inappropriate" adds here, well, you or someone else is likely using your electronic device(s) to look up similar content.

Or, you can become a VIP member and pay to not have any adds on this site.

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm constantly perplexed by how advertising algorithms are allegedly supposed to "work". :rolleyes:

I use an ad blocker on my browser all of the time and it takes care of a lot of them.. Privacy Badger. I cannot deal with the flashing lights/ screens in videos in my periphery

New Threads

Top Bottom