• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Georgia Galaxy

Georgie Girl <3
V.I.P Member
I like both and how I use both everyday, you can have a preference or choose both ^^
GeorgiaCore 15.jpg

Screenshot (386).png

I like both for different reasons. I always preferred typing, because I can keep up with my thoughts more, and it's easier to organize and complete everything. But, typing a lot on the computer makes me feel really sick and get insomnia now. So I tend to write a lot by hand (when writing for myself).

How did I learn to type well with bad coordination? In my high school typing class I sat next to a guy and we would trade insults about each other's moms while trying to get perfect typing scores. It was an amazing technique.

I like both for different reasons. I always preferred typing, because I can keep up with my thoughts more, and it's easier to organize and complete everything. But, typing a lot on the computer makes me feel really sick and get insomnia now. So I tend to write a lot by hand (when writing for myself).

How did I learn to type well with bad coordination? In my high school typing class I sat next to a guy and we would trade insults about each other's moms while trying to get perfect typing scores. It was an amazing technique.
Me too, for a while I was only typing because I'm experienced with the internet, but now I use both. I also keep private and personal things offline which is very wise. Writing and drawing by hand can feel more natural and intimate ^^. Aww that sounds funny lol, I was doing typing test for fun and I would let my friends try it :p

I also keep private and personal things offline which is very wise.

Sorry, I meant stuff I write of my own motivation. Not private. I'd love to share it, but I have to write/revise by hand, then type (piecemeal) when I'm done. It's deeply aggravating. And my hand hurts very easily from Lyme Disease exacerbating any normal soreness.

Aww that sounds funny lol, I was doing typing test for fun and I would let my friends try it :p

I have a thing for odd games involving composure. Some of my high school friends and I used to play tag in Walmart, too. Which means looking calm, relaxed, and like a shopper. Because the staff start following you when they see you looking over your shoulder a lot...and avoiding them is like a game within a game.

I like handwriting, but I was writing something the other day and I'm appalled by how rusty my handwriting skills are. I have written less by hand and it sure gets rusty fast. Getting tired in the hand and not writing as nice and tidy as I used to. People used to compliment my writing. I guess it has to be trained back to normal. Darn keyboards.

I have copper plate cursive, (Grandma taught me the summer I turned four), so when I write it looks very nice. Downside is my brain often moves five times faster than my hand so typing is a necessary evil.

On the flipside, I do compile favourite pieces into several journals, I keep for that sole purpose.

Either a pen & paper or a manual typewriter. I keep both on my desk still because they are faster & there is no eyestrain.

Either a pen & paper or a manual typewriter. I keep both on my desk still because they are faster & there is no eyestrain.

I used to have a 1970s typewriter that I used a lot, typewriters are nice. It just takes a little more focus when it doesn't have a "fix error" button and you have to start over when you make an error.

I like handwriting, but I was writing something the other day and I'm appalled by how rusty my handwriting skills are. I have written less by hand and it sure gets rusty fast. Getting tired in the hand and not writing as nice and tidy as I used to. People used to compliment my writing. I guess it has to be trained back to normal. Darn keyboards.
Aww that's okay ^^ <3

I used to have a 1970s typewriter that I used a lot, typewriters are nice. It just takes a little more focus when it doesn't have a "fix error" button and you have to start over when you make an error.
Aww that's cool, I was kinda going for an old fashioned style with the 2nd image I used lol. Hm.. that does seem harder.

Handwriting is for shopping lists, windshield notes and bloodless self flagellation. The keyboard was man’s first bionic device, while the trackball was divine intervention into the affairs of men.

Ah, I remember the days when accuracy was proven when the bottle of whiteout got gummy before it was used up, like a stubby pencil with a perfect eraser.

I physically can’t hand write for medical reasons, and when I try it looks awful.
I type everything. When I was in school I had permission to use a computer because writing by hand causes me pain and anxiety.

Drawing isn’t as stressful but even then I prefer to use a tablet.

I physically can’t hand write for medical reasons, and when I try it looks awful.
I type everything. When I was in school I had permission to use a computer because writing by hand causes me pain and anxiety.

Drawing isn’t as stressful but even then I prefer to use a tablet.
Aww it's okay. You're making a good decision for yourself ^^

I prefer typing because it's easier for me to organize my thoughts that way compared to handwriting, I can't exactly backspace and reword myself when I try to think of what I want to say if I were writing something by hand VS me typing it out.

I have never liked writing stuff by hand for a variety of reasons, I think part of it is because I am left-handed and when I was in school, a lot of the desks are made for right-handed people and so I would often have to angle myself weirdly when sitting so I could write but that just resulted in me getting cramps and aches in my wrist. When I was at home, it was fine but writing stuff by hand in school was annoying because they had no left-handed desks.

New Threads

Top Bottom