• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I prefer typing if I need to get certain things down super quickly/for communication obviously, but otherwise I prefer writing. I keep a journal and it feels really personal and calming to just write in it for a while. It's also really helpful for language learning, but that's besides the point. :p

I prefer typing if I need to get certain things down super quickly/for communication obviously, but otherwise I prefer writing. I keep a journal and it feels really personal and calming to just write in it for a while. It's also really helpful for language learning, but that's besides the point. :p
I agree with everything and it's very relatable <3

My 6th grade teacher took my mom aside at our graduation ceremony and told her she knew I was trying my best, but that my handwriting was so bad that I really needed a typewriter if at all possible. When 7th grade started, I took typing class and that Christmas I did get a typewriter. It was a portable Smith-Corona fully manual machine with black and red ink ribbon. I used it throughout the rest of my school and college years. When I went into the Air Force after college, I got my first computer (TRS-80 Model I). From that point on, anything that needs to be read by someone other than myself gets done on one of my computers. Since most of my correspondence is email now, I rarely print and mail anything, but I can.

I like both and how I use both everyday, you can have a preference or choose both ^^
View attachment 101824
View attachment 101825
I like both.
I love typewriters too, old fashioned ones and I would love a desk top computer but even a laptop would be nice but my ultimate goal is a desktop.
And I love hand writing too though sometimes my hand becomes tired and my hand writing can be messy in a hurry and when tired but I try to do it neat sometimes.
I was quite neat when I was younger.

I used to have very small, neat, handwriting, but after a while it was painful to write. These days I really can't even sign my name, so I type just about everything. Even then, I'm very error prone on modern, flat, short travel keyboards, so I much prefer old computers when I have any writing to do. The best ones are a 1985 Tandy 200, or a 1992 PowerBook 170. Both are really nice to type on, and with a few modern tricks, I can then transfer what I've written to a modern system to print, or post here.

When I was 11 or 12, I was given my first typewriter, and used that a lot! There's still a typewriter in the house - I think it dates from about 1955 or 60 at the latest, and amazingly, I can still get ribbons for it!

New Threads

Top Bottom