• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Star Luke Perry, Musician Keith Flint of The Prodigy have died

Isadoorian

Welcomer of Newcomers
V.I.P Member
Today, the World mourns the loss of 2 great people in the TV and Music worlds.

Luke Perry, who passed from a stroke, and Keith Flint, who, according to band member Liam Howlett, has died from suicide.

They were 52 and 49, respectively.

Too bad about Luke Perry. RIP.

That has to be tough for fellow 90210 actor Shannen Doherty who continues through the years to struggle with cancer.

I can't say I was ever particularly aware of Luke Perry, though to die so young of a stroke is a tragedy.
Keith Flint I loved though. He was always the personality of The Prodigy, even if he didn't contribute a great deal musically. His ever changing appearance and manic presence defined them visually. That he took his own life only compounds it.
RIP to them both.

I really loved The Prodigy. They kept their music so fresh all the way through. It's so sad on a personal live. I've thought at times about taking my own life so this was a shock for me when I found out. Been listening to a lot of their tracks today.

Rave In Peace, Keith!

Luke Perry was a star mainly to Gen X Americans. His major work was the TV show Beverly Hills 90210 which had its heyday mainly between 1992-95, when Xers were teens/college students. Doherty's character Brenda was cast as Perry's character's ("Dylan", I think) love interest for a while, and I remember a whole subplot about the senior prom and Brenda thinking she was pregnant by Dylan afterwards. I dunno how close they were off set though. Doherty has been fighting cancer for quite a while (weirdly, there was a subplot on the show where Brenda gets breast cancer at one point) and I would have expected her to have died and not Perry. Stroke can be a bolt from the blue, you can be fine on Monday and dead by Thursday.

I was into rave music when I was a young adult, and the name The Prodigy doesn't ring a bell, although I'm sure I've heard their music at some point. The DJ's were/are far more important in rave culture than the root artists anyway.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Keith Flint and Prodigy was perhaps best known for 'Firestarter' in 1996. I went to see them in concert in Brighton a few years ago. I left with perforated ear drums. I regret nothing. It hurts so much to know we won't hear him again. I haven't felt this way since Chester Bennington died a couple of years ago.

He was always the personality of The Prodigy, even if he didn't contribute a great deal musically. His ever changing appearance and manic presence defined them visually. That he took his own life only compounds it.
RIP to them both.

I think he did. The Prodigy was the most successful Acid rave band from the late 1980s. They definitely left a mark after the 90s.

Namedrop alert … The Prodigy's record label (XL Recordings) is part of the Beggars Group which was founded by my dad's cousin. I'll leave you to work out how many degrees of separation there are between me and the late lamented Mr Flint.

New Threads

Top Bottom