• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Shows We Dislike

Reality. I just hate any and all reality shows. I am so over seeing them everywhere and people talking about them and everything. It's so stupid. Do you not realise these are people. Real people. I know they 'signed up for it' but seriously you take pleasure in the punishment and tears ect of real people. What is wrong with you?

My apologies to anyone who loves reality. This is not suppose to offend it is simply my several year awaiting rant compounded by a discussion with some of my friends a few weeks ago over an episode of the show 'my strange addiction'.
This is the main reason why I consider there rarely anything good on TV anymore. There people will argue with me, but what most people like is not to my taste so I'm only speaking for myself.

Reality. I just hate any and all reality shows. I am so over seeing them everywhere and people talking about them and everything. It's so stupid. Do you not realise these are people. Real people. I know they 'signed up for it' but seriously you take pleasure in the punishment and tears ect of real people. What is wrong with you?

My apologies to anyone who loves reality. This is not suppose to offend it is simply my several year awaiting rant compounded by a discussion with some of my friends a few weeks ago over an episode of the show 'my strange addiction'.

I was on a talk show once. Way back about 20 years ago. The topic was "Revenge". I was on there about something I did to this b**** who was supposed to be my friend and originally was, but my husband cheated on me with her. She was also 10 years older than me, 50 lbs heavier than me and a whiner. When we got to Chicago to be on the show, the producers told us to be emotional and over the top. I wasn't going to do that though and told them so. I told them I refuse to act trashy on national TV and they would just have to deal with me calmly and politely explaining what I did and why I did it. Also, nothing I did was illegal and could have put me in jail or anything, so it was ok. I also dressed nicely in a pretty pink floral print dress with a full skirt that even had a crinoline under it and my hair and makeup looked nice and my husband looked nice in a nice suit.

My point about posting that was that since they told us to be over the top and emotional and overplay everything, and this was just a talk show, I'm sure they do that about the reality tv shows where people do that. Also, lots of people are drama queens and are just loud and emotional anyway and it doesn't effect them to the same extent it would somebody who wasn't normally that loud and dramatic and emotional over everything. I know lots of people who are that way and they overreact to almost everything and get over it really quickly. So, those reality shows may 1. tell people to react that way for the camera, and 2. recruit people for the shows who are naturally drama queens about things. I don't really ever feel emotional stuff either way from the reality tv shows. I usually just see it as either bad acting or like the people I know who blow everything out of proportion and an hour later are just fine.

I was on a talk show once. Way back about 20 years ago. The topic was "Revenge". I was on there about something I did to this b**** who was supposed to be my friend and originally was, but my husband cheated on me with her. She was also 10 years older than me, 50 lbs heavier than me and a whiner. When we got to Chicago to be on the show, the producers told us to be emotional and over the top. I wasn't going to do that though and told them so. I told them I refuse to act trashy on national TV and they would just have to deal with me calmly and politely explaining what I did and why I did it. Also, nothing I did was illegal and could have put me in jail or anything, so it was ok. I also dressed nicely in a pretty pink floral print dress with a full skirt that even had a crinoline under it and my hair and makeup looked nice and my husband looked nice in a nice suit.

My point about posting that was that since they told us to be over the top and emotional and overplay everything, and this was just a talk show, I'm sure they do that about the reality tv shows where people do that. Also, lots of people are drama queens and are just loud and emotional anyway and it doesn't effect them to the same extent it would somebody who wasn't normally that loud and dramatic and emotional over everything. I know lots of people who are that way and they overreact to almost everything and get over it really quickly. So, those reality shows may 1. tell people to react that way for the camera, and 2. recruit people for the shows who are naturally drama queens about things. I don't really ever feel emotional stuff either way from the reality tv shows. I usually just see it as either bad acting or like the people I know who blow everything out of proportion and an hour later are just fine.
And I use to watch Jerry Springer. But if I think about it today, it such a pointless show.

And I use to watch Jerry Springer. But if I think about it today, it such a pointless show.

This was Jenny Jones. Springer was a lot better when he first started out. Do you remember that Oprah used to be like that when she started out? I used to watch her back then. It was the late 80's and she had one of those talk shows in Chicago. She used to have those guests with personal problems and wasn't any different than Springer or Jones. She just ended up more popular and extremely rich.

Yes I do. Funny thing though, I swear my ex was on a talk show one day. Good thing she was not talking about me.

Yes I do. Funny thing though, I swear my ex was on a talk show one day. Good thing she was not talking about me.

Could be. The way I got on one was I answered an ad in the newspaper that said "Have you ever gotten revenge on anyone?" I thought it was a survey or something and called the number.

Well, there's a LOT of deserving contenders, but I have to say my all time most hated TV show is 'Family Guy'
It's just cheap, nasty laughs, it's the pot noodle of comedy.

I dislike Game of Thrones too, mainly because people just go on and on about it, but also because it just seems to be 'Dallas' in Middle Earth.

I kind of liked it for how incomprehensible it was to me. It was a strange show.

I remember those 80's Dynasty fashions. I never had one back then when they were popular, but about ten years ago I found one of those long beaded dresses with the shoulder pads and huge bows in the back and the big puffy sleeves at a thrift store and I bought it! It got messed up during a renovation before I ever had a chance to wear it though. :-(

I remember looking in charity store for those sorts of things a few years back too, But I could find anything that I could tolerate the fabric of:confounded:
Always a problem with vintage clothes. So pretty.... but so scratchy.....:sob:

I remember looking in charity store for those sorts of things a few years back too, But I could find anything that I could tolerate the fabric of:confounded:
Always a problem with vintage clothes. So pretty.... but so scratchy.....:sob:

It depends on the fabric, but many clothes are scratchy and those with beading and such are especially that way. You just wear a slip or half slip and camisole under it and you don't feel it at all. I always wear a regular slip under a crinoline for example. Those will tear your legs up if you don't.

The Walking Dead
Family Guy
South Park
South Park I watched during my teen years. Show is OK, but it was not exciting for me unlike most people that do like the show. I don't miss this show one bit.

Family Guy is the same experiences I feel as South Park. The only reason I watched the show as my ex gf likes it. As each season progressed, I felt the show was getting worse and worse. For me, I feel the jokes are getting to old and all seem the same to me. This will be another show I will not miss one bit.

The Walking Dead I never watched. Since we both have similar taste based from the chats we have, I sure I will also dislike this show.

Most kids shows. :tongueclosed: I miss the good old cartoon days. :expressionless:
I don't know if I hate the new kids shows because they're terrible and nothing like the old stuff I watched as a younger boy or if I'm just growing out of them. :)
Probably a bit of both.
I find many cartoons today is based on the same cartoons I watched during my childhood except they do a horrible job in my opinion.

A few shows I've seen be mentioned yet:

Any CSI or NCIS-like show. The Wire has ruined the genre for me, because nothing can compare to it. Everything in the genre is just so... unrealistic... to the point of childishness. It's sad people actually believe that's how law enforcement operates.
Scorpion or whatever that show is called. It's just so friggin' ridiculous. Futurama is x100 smarter and it's a cartoon comedy.
Lilyhammer on Netflix. I only watched the first episode, but that was enough. It's about an American gangster in Witness Protection, sent to live in rural Norway. In the episode, the main character meets a woman and her young son and they own a baby lamb. Since they're irresponsible owners, they let the lamb roam freely, despite it having a history of running off. Unsurprisingly, it gets eaten by a wolf. In the end of the episode, they're whining about how unfair it is that they can't legally hunt down the wolf. As if it's the wolf's fault they did nothing to keep the lamb on their own property. Honestly, what on Earth did they expect to happen?

New Threads

Top Bottom