• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Shows We Dislike

One thing I find odd is to be able to say I like the premise of the show "Mad Men", yet dislike virtually all of its dysfunctional characters.

I'm almost relieved that this series is coming to an end. Weird...
I have similar mixed emotions on some too. Like The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and American Horror Story. All very good acting, just a bit more of a world than I can handle in any kind of reality! I'll throw in Sons of Anarchy, haven't been able to finish the first season of that one!!! Lol

...Sesame Street...
Man there's a lot of lousy kids shows out there.
I watched the same episode twice in a row when I was a toddler! Kinda think I felt like I was learning how to interact as NT appropriately as possible. But yeah they ARE puppets, and a little exaggerated...ok, a lot. And it's fun to add that just two days ago I learned that Jim Henson was on the Aspie list! Could have rung some alarm bells for my parents had we known it existed back then...?

Could have rung some alarm bells for my parents had we known it existed back then...?

Interesting way to put it. "Back then" my parents were the ones who rang the alarm bells. But it was the doctors who weren't listening. :(

I have similar mixed emotions on some too. Like The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and American Horror Story. All very good acting, just a bit more of a world than I can handle in any kind of reality! I'll throw in Sons of Anarchy, haven't been able to finish the first season of that one!!! Lol

Good point...I've watched all of those except Sons of Anarchy. Can't say any of them have really sympathetic characters....although Walter White and Jesse Pinkman fascinating me with their complexity and contrasting behavior.

Interesting way to put it. "Back then" my parents were the ones who rang the alarm bells. But it was the doctors who weren't listening. :(
Sorry to hear that! I'd like to wish that if mine was found out earlier I may have had an easier go at many things...? Who's to really ever know what coulda been?

The two stars of "Breaking Bad". Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul.
The main character is something Heizenberg, I remember he lets people know that a lot! Who are the two you mention? The kid who he partners with and another? (Like I said only watched season 1 so far and it was a while ago) sry for pestering.

The main character is something Heizenberg, I remember he lets people know that a lot! Who are the two you mention? The kid who he partners with and another? (Like I said only watched season 1 so far and it was a while ago) sry for pestering.

Heissenberg (an alias) was Walter White. Jesse was his occasional meth-cooking partner.

any Power Rangers show
Caillou
Clifford
Sesame Street
Barney and Friends

Man there's a lot of lousy kids shows out there.

I do have to say I dislike those. Lots of bad memories from my first wife and how it was her son's entitlement to have the TV to himself all day every day and these shows always on. Someone also said once that PBS Kids should be called PBS Toddlers. I agree. Whatever happened to the good old educational shows on PBS in the 80s when I was a kid? Stuff like 321 Contact, Square One, etc.?

I do have to say I dislike those. Lots of bad memories from my first wife and how it was her son's entitlement to have the TV to himself all day every day and these shows always on. Someone also said once that PBS Kids should be called PBS Toddlers. I agree. Whatever happened to the good old educational shows on PBS in the 80s when I was a kid? Stuff like 321 Contact, Square One, etc.?
imo, kids, and especially toddlers shouldn't really be watching TV.

TV? oh,the box that decides when and what to watch...not for me :p

There's one show that I used to watch called Code Monkeys, and is was alright up until a certain episode. Yeah it was on when nothing else was and from the channel G4 ...

There's this one character named Todd, who was the butt of every joke and the socially awkward creep. I hated how the writers decided to give him Asperger's Syndrome to explain away why he hated by the other characters and a creep and they went the whole episode with the classic Ass burgers joke -___-

The episode wouldn't be so bad if they at least tried to explain what what Asperger's Syndrome instead of making it the central joke :(

they went the whole episode with the classic Ass burgers joke -___-

The episode wouldn't be so bad if they at least tried to explain what what Asperger's Syndrome instead of making it the central joke :(
They did the same thing on South Park with the Cartman character...plus, on a slightly lighter note, I'm pretty sure Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory portrays many of the Aspie traits!?

Mrs. Brown's Boys
Most reality TV (though I do like Duck Dynasty, Pawn Stars and Shipping Wars)
2 Broke Girls
Rules of Engagement

Most kids shows. :tongueclosed: I miss the good old cartoon days. :expressionless:
I don't know if I hate the new kids shows because they're terrible and nothing like the old stuff I watched as a younger boy or if I'm just growing out of them. :)
Probably a bit of both.

New Threads

Top Bottom