• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Shows We Dislike

Sportster

Aged to Perfection
V.I.P Member
Gilligan's Island

Even as a kid I hated the show. I could never understand why they just didn't take Gilligan into the jungle and come back alone. It was so illogical to me back then, now it's just not funny . . . UGH!!!

LOL. That's hard to recollect because if I didn't like it, I ceased watching it. Not worth my time...or my memory.

I did stop watching "American Idol" this season. I just didn't care for any of the contestants' musical abilities. I watched the Jim Henson Characters Competition only once. Just wasn't into it. Didn't seem at all like "Face Off".

Now individual characters I don't like in shows I like...that I can recall!

I'll have to give this some more thought.....hmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Glee
any Power Rangers show
Caillou
Clifford
Sesame Street
Barney and Friends

Man there's a lot of lousy kids shows out there.

Ok, there's one I watched the pilot for and wrote it off right there. Just seemed like a ripoff of "Fame".

But I guess when enough time passes, Hollywood can recycle old material and no one seems to care. Except me maybe...

Gilligan's Island
I knew someone whose father was one of the screenwriters for Gilligan's Island. Apparently, to those screenwriters the whole thing was a big joke and they would sit around trying to figure out how much stupidity in the screenplay they could get away with.

For me most reality TV.

I don't care for the orcistrated conflict they feel they need. You get more done as a
team.
The music talent ones are detrimental to the artist, they don't have to build up a fan
base, to survive.

Pretty much anything that's on The Loser Channel, Agony & Ecch, and Hackstory TV these days. Also Spike, but at least they've never let anyone think they care about quality.

Fun fact: I have a friend who let her kids watch anything except...get this...The Flintstones. Seriously, she'd let them watch Faces of Death before she'd let them watch The Flintstones.

Those reality /survivor shows with idiots eating bugs and other stupid things. Can't stand them. On the other hand, I really like survival shows where people are out in the wild and they show them finding food, water and shelter and making primitive fires.

Those reality /survivor shows with idiots eating bugs and other stupid things. Can't stand them. On the other hand, I really like survival shows where people are out in the wild and they show them finding food, water and shelter and making primitive fires.

Naked and Afraid? That's a seriously scary show.

Naked and Afraid? That's a seriously scary show.
Haha :) , not quite, I was thinking of shows such as Dual Survival and Man Woman Wild. For a city boy like me, there are many good tips for survival if it ever comes down to that. At least now I know that I should always carry plenty of water and a few basic survival supplies even if I'm just going on a seemingly simple hike.

Why don't we now start talking about why we dislike these shows? (even though in some cases it;s obvious, it could still lead to some interesting discussion.)

For me most reality TV.

I don't care for the orcistrated conflict they feel they need. You get more done as a
team.
The music talent ones are detrimental to the artist, they don't have to build up a fan
base, to survive.

Yes exactly the same here. Unfortunately most of what is on TV these days. Even years and years ago, I started watching shows like Monster Garage and thought it would be so interesting to see how they retrofitted these contraptions into ordinary cars. But really they didn't show much at all, it was more about the drama of the workers, fighting, throwing tools around, etc.

Which is why I watch more documentary or how-to stuff than anything. One of my favorite channels is Create.

Have you ever watched that documentary "Alone in the Wilderness"? Definitely one of my favorites.

One thing I find odd is to be able to say I like the premise of the show "Mad Men", yet dislike virtually all of its dysfunctional characters.

I'm almost relieved that this series is coming to an end. Weird...hooked on watching a show that stresses me out. Geez...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom