• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV/Movies you like to watch at Halloween...

Well, since we're coming back to that time of year again, I might as well add some more movies to the list.

This year I'm going to give two Werewolf movies - Stephen King's Silver Bullet and Dog Soldiers - a viewing after hearing decent stuff about them.

I've now watched both movies, out of which I thought Stephen King's Silver Bullet was a decent 1980's film - with it been a story about a town's residents coming under attack by a killer who tears his victims apart, eventually leading to a pair of siblings (Jane and her disabled brother Marty) and their alcoholic uncle (played by Gary Busey, who does a funny performance) doing some investigating of their own after Marty suspects and later realizes that the killer isn't human.
It's not a horror classic like The Shining but it's also not absolutely crazy like Maximum Overdrive - it sits pretty well in the middle.

As for the 2002 film Dog Soldiers, I prefer this one out of the two.
The film is a horror-comedy about a group of soldiers (who'd rather be at home watching the World Cup final between England and Germany) embarking on a training exercise in the Scottish forests against a Special Air Service team.
However, they soon find all that's left of the SAS unit is bloody remains with no bodies, all weapons still full and only one traumatized survivor declaring that his squad were "torn to pieces" by an enemy that hit them hard and fast. Soon, the soldiers are forced to flee and take refuge; trying to survive until daylight as the lines between fantasy and reality blur while they desperately fend off an enemy they've never encountered before.
This film isn't that well known outside the UK, but I think American audiences would actually like it. Here's one of the teaser trailers for it:

The Charlie Brown specials, but thanks to the internet I can watch that at any given time instead of waiting on the holidays to roll around.

New Threads

Top Bottom