• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV/Movies you like to watch at Halloween...

AGXStarseed

For those of us who don't go anywhere on Halloween but still want to do/watch something with a more scary/spooky theme, what kind of TV shows and/or movies do you like to watch?

For me, I like to watch a marathon of the Simpsons' "Treehouse of Horror" episodes (although I like the earlier episodes the best).
Alternatively, I like to watch a few select horror films that I'm comfortable with watching - including those with a sci-fi theme such as Alien or Attack the Block.

What about you guys?

I haven't done it this year, but usually I try to watch at least 1 horror movie or horror/halloween themed tv episode every day for all of October. What I watch depends on what I can get to avoid watching the same things every year but the movie Trick 'r' Treat is a must see and the perfect film watch every halloween night.

I'm going to 2 Halloween Parties this month, next Thursday afternoon and then just over a week later on Saturday the 29th at a local Pub.

Last year I started the "tradition" of watching A Nightmare Before Christmas because I felt like I wasn't doing enough for Halloween. My husband doesn't like the movie much, but we have to do it again this year in order for it to be a tradition :) I haaaaate horror movies, so none of that.

John carpenters Thing, the Shining, saw the Babadook last year and I definitely am going to rewatch that, other than that I've had a few DVDs of an older animal planet show called lost tapes that I typically watch for laughs more that shock, like one of those older movies that's so bad it's good, otherwise I typically look elsewhere for some new movies to go crazy over

I'm planning on watching Creepshow this Halloween - especially as a new TV series based on the original 1980's film is now being released this year.

Here's the original film's trailer:

Stayed at the Menger Hotel in San Antonio ,l believe it's a feature on the scariest places in America.

l had goosebumps on my neck when walking down the corridors. Then we went to the bookstore, a whole shelf devoted to this creepy place. The usual- sucides, pissed off lovers, political figures.

I'm planning on watching Creepshow this Halloween - especially as a new TV series based on the original 1980's film is now being released this year.

Here's the original film's trailer:

l remember seeing the roach story. It was excellent, that guy is still trying to kill all those cockroaches. Very fitting after living in Hawaii.

Here's a few other animated specials with a Halloween Theme that you may/may not be familiar with (some of these are full episodes, others are just parts):

Tiny Toons Adventures: Night Ghoulery

Garfield's Halloween Adventure

Winnie the Pooh: Boo To You Too!

The Halloween Tree

Witches Night Out

Here's some more Halloween Specials - some animated, some not:

The Wickedest Witch (1989)

Ghostbusters: Shades of Dracula
(be aware - this is the cartoon version of Ghostbusters that followed on from the 1970's sitcom, not the cartoon version that followed from the 1984 film).

Raggedy Ann & Andy: The Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile

The Night That Dracula Saved The World/The Halloween That Almost Wasn't

Halloween is Grinch Night

Last edited:
Well, since we're coming back to that time of year again, I might as well add some more movies to the list.

This year I'm going to give two Werewolf movies - Stephen King's Silver Bullet and Dog Soldiers - a viewing after hearing decent stuff about them.

My family (now really just me and my mom) watches Nightmare Before Christmas twice a year: Halloween and Christmas.

New Threads

Top Bottom