• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tumor on everything

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
So when you feel despair about parking, or rude cashiers, think about this story.

So l met a young lady from Hungary (40+) in a exercise class. We hit it off as kinda kindered souls. She moved away year ago and started having more ailments and mental break-downs to the point of calling the suicide line when she couldn't reach me.

She realised she was really in pain 95% of the time and decided to have her uterus removed. It was removed and the doc said a tumor had been growing for years and had attached itself to her spine, liver, tummy and uterus. The tumor had become so bad that when she ate food, she was always hungry. The pain was so bad she had turned sucidal in the last two weeks before removal. l was calling her everyday to see how she was doing and to help keep her focused. It is my belief that she is on the spectrum because of the way we hit it off. Could you have survived this, if it was you?

Last edited:
Follow-up: The doc had to scrape it off her vital organs. She is doing well, and she said she finally is sleeping, and no longer feels suicidal. She basically was in shock when she realised this had been growing in her a very long time. I asked her if it felt overwhelming to think of all the things she could do now that she couldn't do before. She had been in so much pain at times, she just would be in ER, happened twice in the last 2 years. OMG, l am so shocked also.

Was it a benign tumour? I'm always puzzled when I see the American spelling of tumour , but the truth is if she didn't know what was wrong everybody else who is in your estimation complaining about something that is pointless also be in need of compassion ,it saddens me when I hear somebody talk about what is considered worthy and what is not considered worthy ,nobody knows what somebody else is suffering.

Your friend's story is a sad one. I'm pleased you found each other when you did :)

I agree with the above though, no one person is any more or less worthy on the basis of what they're experiencing.

The despair felt by a person is very real to them, just like your friends.
Different circumstances, different reason but still very real.

Not sure if she checked. I know it's been growing inside of her since maybe 8 years old. Her and l both discussed that we think she wouldn't have survived another month with this. She was slowly starting to discuss death and how she felt like she was going to die. So l was trying to not flip out as a friend and we tried to tackle her daily issues even though l am in another state. At the very end, it had really moved into all her lower extremity. It's frightening to think how close she was to the edge. She walked into a locked down psych unit because she was starting to feel so overwhelmed. This is when l started calling her everyday . This was about 2 or 3 weeks before the operation. I had a lot of issues myself but l managed to be there for her. l was scared, l didn't want to lose her but l also couldn't start saying hey, whoa, you sound crazy, she needed strong support so she could navigate this horror.

Not sure if she checked. I know it's been growing inside of her since maybe 8 years old. Her and l both discussed that we think she wouldn't have survived another month with this. She was slowly starting to discuss death and how she felt like she was going to die. So l was trying to not flip out as a friend and we tried to tackle her daily issues even though l am in another state. At the very end, it had really moved into all her lower extremity. It's frightening to think how close she was to the edge. She walked into a locked down psych unit because she was starting to feel so overwhelmed. This is when l started calling her everyday . This was about 2 or 3 weeks before the operation. I had a lot of issues myself but l managed to be there for her. l was scared, l didn't want to lose her but l also couldn't start saying hey, whoa, you sound crazy, she needed strong support so she could navigate this horror.
If her blood count is normal not below 7 it was probably benign pets that live in the west suffer from them because we give them a processed diet and they get lipomas they look terrifying but it's just a bag of fat

My ex wrote me a note thanking me for saving his life, and she told me l saved her life twice. l am thinking l better go play the lottery, haha.

I know what you are saying - things like that will make you realize that, maybe, your problems are not so bad. Not saying hearing of worse problems undoes yours or makes them any more bearable. I know when Brokenboy mentioned his mother dying from an opoid overdose, I know it put me in my place for a few days. @BrokenBoy - my heart continues to go out to you.

And I do know how hard it is to live with chronic pain - chronic severe pain. I've been there, and though, I would never do myself in, was wishing for an end. And the majority of people don't really believe the severity, I don't think. This pain is from the trigeminal neuralgia, which leads to a lot of suicides, I've read, and I certainly understand why. I'm glad there was a doctor that finally believed me and listened to me and got me on some medication that slows nerve impulses and makes it much more tolerable. And before my first neck surgery, the neurosurgeon tried different things - last was physical therapy. The exercise the p.t. had me do made it unbearable and when I told the surgeon how much worse it got from the therapy, then told him the exercise, his response was that he's told them to stop doing that. But he also was telling me that he had seen the scans and it wasn't THAT bad. He seen the scans before the therapy, not after they made it worse. After surgery he apologized and said it was really bad. You can't prove pain., and no one can accept any pain that might be any worse than what they feel sometimes. It's like someone looking at a crushed foot and comparing it to a stubbed toe.

l believe in supporting abused woman. And defintely would make a donation. That's why l talk to her, she has gone through abuse starting in her childhood. We actually did a lot of positive work involving talking about her abusive father.

Last edited:
l believe in supporting abused woman. And defintely would make a donation. That's why l talk to her, she has gone through abuse starting in her childhood. We actually did a lot of positive work involving her abusive father.
What I meant was charities are about the only way businesses ever really help anybody ,if you give money to a lottery and it never gives anything to charity you will be losing out,everybody thought the national lottery in the UK was despicable! because they were just taking the money and giving very little back.

Some of the lottery here is used for schools and along those lines. l agree because there is no personal income tax.

If the tumor was malignent the doctors would have told her.
Even a benign tumor that has that much attachment though would be a tedious operation.
I've had a lot of surgeries.
One of my tumors was on the left ovary and no telling how long it had been there.
But, I had no symptoms until it grew into the neck of the bladder and I woke up one night and
couldn't pee! That was miserable and had to have hysterectomy ASAP.

I had live cancer tumor and again no symptoms.
They removed half of the liver that had the tumor in. Only then did I have pain from the surgery.
The cancer was discovered accidetally when I had to go to ER for severe stomach pain that was
going up into my chest and arm. Thought it was a heart attack, but, it was a stuck gallstone.
Again another emergency surgery. The cancer tumor was found on the CT scan that was done
to perform the gallbladder surgery.

So living with pain and illnesses no one can know how the other person feels.
Pain is subjective and should be treated equally.
I have always said when faced with such that I may as well do the surgery even if the odds
aren't good, because I'd rather die under anesthesia trying to live, than just lay down and wait.

One is lucky to have someone to offer support.
I had to go through the cancer with no one except the hospital staff.
Mom was in a home for dementia at the time.

Could you have survived this, if it was you?
I don't know. I had a small cancer tumour removed from my breast, and that was bad enough, as I had severe anxiety for a couple of weeks until I had scans to confirm that it hadn't spread, after that, relief. But at no point did I have significant pain - what this lady went through is a lot worse. I hope she recovers quickly and can get her life back on track, without pain.

I work for the government, doing medical assessments for people applying for disability. This often makes me feel grateful for what I have. I have a lot of health issues, both mental and physical, but I am able to work and go about my life relatively well. I meet so many people whose lives are absolutely wrecked by their medical conditions. Cancer, auto-immune disorders, arthritis, EDS, PTSD and so on. So many people suffer in silence.

She didn't sleep well last nite but mentally she is doing better. She still is in a lot of pain. She hardly could work and she said people accused her of being lazy. But the pain made her grouchy and unable to physically work 40 hours. She has really struggled her entire life.

If the tumor was malignent the doctors would have told her.
Even a benign tumor that has that much attachment though would be a tedious operation.
I've had a lot of surgeries.
One of my tumors was on the left ovary and no telling how long it had been there.
But, I had no symptoms until it grew into the neck of the bladder and I woke up one night and
couldn't pee! That was miserable and had to have hysterectomy ASAP.

I had live cancer tumor and again no symptoms.
They removed half of the liver that had the tumor in. Only then did I have pain from the surgery.
The cancer was discovered accidetally when I had to go to ER for severe stomach pain that was
going up into my chest and arm. Thought it was a heart attack, but, it was a stuck gallstone.
Again another emergency surgery. The cancer tumor was found on the CT scan that was done
to perform the gallbladder surgery.

So living with pain and illnesses no one can know how the other person feels.
Pain is subjective and should be treated equally.
I have always said when faced with such that I may as well do the surgery even if the odds
aren't good, because I'd rather die under anesthesia trying to live, than just lay down and wait.

One is lucky to have someone to offer support.
I had to go through the cancer with no one except the hospital staff.
Mom was in a home for dementia at the time.

That's amazing what you have lived through. Must have been difficult to do it alone. You are very tough lady!!!

There are a lot of incredible woman at this site after reading all the above posts.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom