• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Transmission

I've been listening to trip hop artists for a long time, but it only became one of my favourite genres in the past few years. I guess I'll start by posting the two biggest trip hop bands.

I'm subscribed to that channel. They post good stuff.

That's one of my favourite Zero 7 tracks. Some others I like:

I like those, as well. Do you happen to like any of Bonobo's Trip Hop?

Last edited:
I'd never heard Paradise Circus before and it's a cool track with Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star! It's too bad Massive Attack hasn't been able to make other CD albums since then. Teardrop is another one of my faves. I like Portishead too- Sour Times is probably my favorite.

I'd never heard Paradise Circus before and it's a cool track with Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star! It's too bad Massive Attack hasn't been able to make other CD albums since then. Teardrop is another one of my faves. I like Portishead too- Sour Times is probably my favorite.

I'm a fan of Hope Sandoval and Mazzy Star too. Do you know the Massive Attack song The Spoils? It's another really good song Hope Sandoval did with them.

I first started listening to Bonobo a long time ago for his electronic instrumentals, but I also love his triphop stuff like this:

Nice. Same with me.

I posted a couple, additional songs, last night, but wound up deleting them as I realized they may not have been actual, Trip hop. One was Air - All I Need, and the other was Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground. Are those Trip hop, to your knowledge? Can't always be sure where one genre/sub genre ends and another begins.

Last edited:
Nice. Same with me.

I posted a couple, additional songs, last night, but wound up deleting them as I realized they may not have been actual, Trip hop. One was Air - All I Need, and the other was Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground. Are those Trip hop, to your knowledge? Can't always be sure where one genre/sub genre ends and another begins.
People who are into trip hop always talk about whether Air is trip hop or not. They're generally considered not to be, but people still mention them and post their songs online when talking about trip hop. I've never heard of Sneaker Pimps before. I looked them up and they're listed as trip hop, and 6 Underground sounds like trip hop after listening to it.

I've heard of Sneaker Pimps, love their first album, and forgot about them being trip hop as well. There one song, 6 Underground, hit mainstream (in the US). Tesko Suicide, Spin Spin Sugar, and Post Modern Sleaze are also catchy in a classy way.

People who are into trip hop always talk about whether Air is trip hop or not. They're generally considered not to be, but people still mention them and post their songs online when talking about trip hop. I've never heard of Sneaker Pimps before. I looked them up and they're listed as trip hop, and 6 Underground sounds like trip hop after listening to it.
Thank you for answering my inquiry! I hadn't thought to search for the information. : )

I've heard of Sneaker Pimps, love their first album, and forgot about them being trip hop as well. There one song, 6 Underground, hit mainstream (in the US). Tesko Suicide, Spin Spin Sugar, and Post Modern Sleaze are also catchy in a classy way.
Will have to have a listen to those. I only know of 6 Underground, as far as I recall. Thanks for mentioning the others!

I listened to Portishead and Massive Attack so much back in the day. Also Tosca and Kruger & Dorfmeister.

Apparently, this is considered trip hop. Always loved this band but had no idea it was considered trip hop. Makes sense, as there are very slight jazzy undertones that make their sound.

New Threads

Top Bottom