• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Toxic Co-workers

I think I was self-taught, younger than five years old.

My father read to me, my mother sang to me at bedtime.

Not early on, later in life. The most important part of which, is standing up to the manuipulator. I learned that from experience.
I am glad you learnt from the experience with your manipulator.
What gave you the courage to stand up to them?
Hope this is not too personal.

The issues I've had with coworkers relate directly to my sensitivities. For example, certain coworkers I worked with up until recently were extremely loud people. One in particular talked often as if she was almost shouting and laughed even louder.

Also, certain coworkers that used artificial chemical air fresheners in their offices with one even burning one of those liquid chemical fragrance candles that you can even taste let alone smell.

As far as lazy coworkers, gossipy coworkers, coworkers that are very cliquey or pompous...none of that bothers me because I care nothing for office politics and I don't desire to be in the loop in relation to office gossip. I don't regard my coworkers as my friends nor do I feel that in normalcy, I'm supposed to be friends with them (ie if not not friends with them, then something is wrong. I don't think this way).

None of these things are problems for me now because I've been able to work at home permanently. It's wonderful.

I am glad you learnt from the experience with your manipulator.
What gave you the courage to stand up to them?
Hope this is not too personal.

You should begin a new thread on this topic, as you are in effect derailing the original question. So that you may ask questions.

New Threads

Top Bottom