• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Today I am grateful for....... Today I want to work on.......

I would like some more emotions to express the message I want to get across, a worried one and one giving a hug

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR: Having made the choice that was best for me, but would be hated by my parents if they found out, and taking two weeks off of college so i can get back into a better headspace and focus on learning how to help my parents manage my little sister's new diabetes diagnosis. This way i have time for myself, something ive never had since i went back to school at the start of this semester on top of my two jobs. I also have the time to learn how to manage my sister's diabetes so that on the occasions i have to watch her for my mom i know what to do.

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON: My sleep schedule, i need to go to bed at a decent time. Ideally, 9:30 is reasonable considering i get up at 5am. I also need to learn how to manage my time better - manage my personal interests and hobbies with studying the diabetes book my mom gave me. I also need to find a place to vent on here...tumblr is great but the feedback is limited. I have so much in my head and nowhere for it to go.

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR: Being able to "get it all out" here without the risk of annoying anyone, but instead I receive relevant and appropriate (and sometimes supportive and helpful) feedback.

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON: Listening to my teacher. I have a tendency to write irrelevant things in my notebook during class.

I think it is reasonable to take a bit of time off, you have not stopped your education, you have focused on a more important life skill instead. To be able to look after your sister is a very worthy one.

Thanks Warwick. :) My advisors have said the same thing, both at my old school and at my current one - that when it comes to education its okay to take a break and focus on what's best for you. And my former best friend, and the girls i was somewhat friends with at my dorm. And the people i talk to on tumblr. Pretty much everyone i talk to besides my parents lol.

Your welcome Kari I hope the P.M I sent and the last message in how you are feeling can help you. we try to help

only realized i had not posted it back from car work

Warwick, thanks i appreciate all the support. I think that if it ever comes up i'll probably end up showing them. No matter how much i plan what i want to say, when the moment comes i can never say what i had wanted to say. It'd explain things a lot better than i can, at any rate.

Today I am grateful for living comfortably despte life's inconveniences.

Tomorrow I will try to work on my organizational skills.

Today I am grateful for having a today and a chance to see tomorrow
I want to work on understanding and accepting myself

Today: I have done two jobs on the car that I had been procrastinating about. as well as helping Kari.

I want to continue helping and supporting members where I can.

Today I am grateful I live in the quiet suburbs.

Tomorrow I want to work on tidying up my room.

Today am grateful for being busy, having contacted a few acquaintances from childhood on Facebook, for having a place to live, food and for having Aspie Central to talk to the coolest people!!!!!! :p

I'm only allowed 3 glasses of wine a week (I don't think the guy that wrote the book knows how to add - there should be a 1 in front of the 3), I can't have my crunchies that I put on my salads, and I also can't have very many condiments. I love condiments. I live for condiments. I'm reading the book now - it's called The Shred. I guess we'll see.

Ahh, but did he specify the size of the glass? ;)

Today I am grateful for people who understand

Tomorrow I will work on FINALLY driving down to my parents with the TV I promised them

Today? Presently I'm just grateful for having sufficient detergent to do the laundry. :D

Seeing that 288K jobs were added in April doesn't hurt either. :)

Today I Am Grateful For: VACATION
Today I Want To Work On: MY GRUMPINESS (hmm, maybe I'll start that tomorrow, or the day after that, or next week, or next month, or how about next year?!)

Today, I'm grateful that I'll never have to sit in a high school class ever again.

Today I want to work on my irritability and sensitivity to noises I'll never be able to change.

Today I am grateful for second chances.

Tomorrow I see my support worker and will push to get me out of this hell hole so I can start rebuilding my life as the real me, not just what the world wants me to be. It cannot come soon enough

Today I am grateful for living a comfortable, middle class life.

Tomorrow, I want to work on being more patient. I anticipate getting even entertaining things over with.

New Threads

Top Bottom