• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tobacco poll!

Tobacco?

• Cigarettes

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Menthol cigarettes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • High quality cigars

• Cheap-ass cigars

• Chewing tobacco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pipe tobacco

• Nicotine gum

• Nicotine patches

• I quit

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I hate all things tobacco, always have

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters
An option for cigarillos maybe? I occationally buy a pack of cohiba club minis or shorts. I like the size and the fact that there's no dumb plastic filter as there is on cigarettes. I only buy one pack throughout a year or so.

I tried cigarettes in college.
Hanging out in the halls during breaks and it was actually OK to smoke in the
hallways back then.
I was never a heavy smoker, but I enjoyed it to relax and liked one after dinner.
So, I didn't even smoke one pack per day. But I did continue with this for 32 years.
I quit when I developed liver cancer. Haven't smoked since.

My dad was a cigar smoker and I like the smell from an early age.
I tried one several times but didn't like them for smoking.

I've had that second hand high from weed many times when I worked in a large
magazine production room at night.
Everyone used it and the boss didn't care, guess he liked it too!
One of the employees sold it and I told him I didn't need to waste money on it.
After eight hours of working in a smoke- filled room, well, I would leave at 3 am
singing to the stars! :rolleyes:

I was a very heavy smoker (and drinker) for a few years, but thankfully I was able to quit both. I used to smoke weed every now and then, but I’m not really interested in that anymore.

Experimented when younger. Then quit cold turkey. Just walked away. However l chew gum a lot. Smoking seems like a mouth type of fixation, so l think of that when l see people smoking. That's why they advise people who try to quit to do something like hard candies to occupy their mouth. So my stimming involves gum and my mouth l guess. It helps me deal with stress as @AprilR has stated.

I finally quit smoking cigarettes with spicy, BBQ potato chips. I carried a little bag of chips in my purse for at least a year. Maybe longer. Every time I craved nicotine, I'd suck on a chip to help me get past the cravings. Something about the hot, spicy taste on my tongue made it easier for me to skip a cigarette. I know that's weird, but it worked for me.

I’ve never smoked anything in my life, tobacco, marijuana, or anything else.
I was always aware of the health risks of tobacco and nicotine, and since I live with a number of chronic illnesses I have always been way too scared to mess with it.
I know weed isn’t tobacco but I’ve never wanted to smoke weed either. I have been secondhand high before and it was not a good time.

I want to say I concur 100%, but being in the PNW, I'm forced to confess that while I have never used tobacco in any form, nor marijuana, that I have smoked salmon, and it's absolutely delicious.

I finally quit smoking cigarettes with spicy, BBQ potato chips. I carried a little bag of chips in my purse for at least a year. Maybe longer. Every time I craved nicotine, I'd suck on a chip to help me get past the cravings. Something about the hot, spicy taste on my tongue made it easier for me to skip a cigarette. I know that's weird, but it worked for me.
I had carrots in my purse and would eat a carrot every time I wanted to smoke. I ate a lot of carrots :p

No rolling tobacco? That's what I used to smoke. I have the occasional cigar, maybe a couple a year. Other than that, when I smoke tweed I use marshmallow leaf as a tobacco substitute.

Anyone remember the cheap, paper wrapped chocolate/candies as a kid

l0onvrkgzyt11.jpg

Ed

I loved those, even though the chocolate didn’t taste too great.

I remember we also had small liqueur bottles made of chocolate. It was normal then to give kids chocolate cigarettes and chocolate liqueur. :) I'm guessing it was a marketing stunt to get the kids interested in smoking and drinking. That's probably illegal now.

New Threads

Top Bottom