• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tobacco poll!

Tobacco?

• Cigarettes

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Menthol cigarettes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • High quality cigars

• Cheap-ass cigars

• Chewing tobacco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pipe tobacco

• Nicotine gum

• Nicotine patches

• I quit

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I hate all things tobacco, always have

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
This poll is for one of the most popular vices worldwide - tobacco!

I love cigars and pipe tobacco, but I hate cigarettes, chewing tobacco and vaping.

How do you take your nicotine? Or are you anti-tobacco?

I’ve never smoked anything in my life, tobacco, marijuana, or anything else.
I was always aware of the health risks of tobacco and nicotine, and since I live with a number of chronic illnesses I have always been way too scared to mess with it.
I know weed isn’t tobacco but I’ve never wanted to smoke weed either. I have been secondhand high before and it was not a good time.

I've been a smoker for 45 years, nothing to be proud of but I still enjoy it.

I grew my own tobacco for a few years while living in the bush and that was an interesting exercise. What decides the flavour is how you dry it. If you dry it out in semi shade you get the normal brown tobacco that's used for cigarettes, if you dry it out in complete darkness it retains it's green colouring and tastes like a good cigar.

I ran out of tobacco one night so I picked fresh leaves and dried them out in the oven, that tasted exactly like White Ox.

While I quit cigarettes in 1985. That said I smoke maybe once a year. I like road trips and usually on the last night I will light up a Toscano Cigar and ponder the experiences.

In junior high school, a friend and I would play hooky and hang out near bars. He'd get someone to buy cigarettes for us. I was pretty much a follower- smoking didn't make me 'look cool' while I was coughing up bones!
After 3 weeks of that, no more. Haven't used any tobacco since.
Later in high school, friends and I would go up in the hills and roll some smokes of the plants we came across, pretty foolish.

I used this for a while, General Snus, portion packets. Snus is very popular here, it's actually the most common tobacco product in Norway. For some reason it's illegal everywhere else in the European union, but not in Sweden and Norway. The Swedes make it. I don't use it now but it's pretty good. But it looks silly. You walk around with a silly little bump on your upper lip. But it makes women look tough, for some reason. Many women like snus.

1669674707477.png

Last edited:
I hate tobacco... But.. still enjoying it I quess? I'm smoking for 23 years almost. I tried everything to quit but would always start again.
I'm buying rolling tobacco and rolling cigarettes by hand. Like Ali G but with tobacco

I cut down then gave up in 2003 when I got 2 kittens. I didn't want them to have to breathe the smoke. And I felt the difference in my own health too.

This poll is for one of the most popular vices worldwide - tobacco!

I love cigars and pipe tobacco, but I hate cigarettes, chewing tobacco and vaping.

How do you take your nicotine? Or are you anti-tobacco?
I am seriously allergic to all tobacco products and smoke. Go ahead and indulge, just please don't do it near me. Weed puts me to sleep in about 2 minutes, don't have time to enjoy it before I'm out.

Tried cigarettes one time , they made me sick and dizzy . I did not like them . Plus my great grandfather died from emphysema. And my dad has COPD .
I concluded not to pursue it after those examples.

By age 20, I was up to two packs a day, and wondering how I'd quit. However, I was using a metal polishing machine that made the next cigarette taste terrible. Then, one week, the first smoke of every day tasted that way. Then, by chance, I was given a kilo of kinick-kinick, a tobacco substitute before that first, dreaded one. That's all I smoked for three weeks, with no attempt at moderation. By the time I ran out, the nicotine was out of my system, and that craving was gone so it was easy to quit. Not long after, I started meditating on my breath to regain that awareness.

I smoke pipe tobacco, but I don't do that at the moment since I moved back in with my parents & they don't really like tobacco smoke. I do not like smoking often because I don't want to get sick.
If you smoke a pipe you really do not want to inhale. The smoke tastes great but I've inhaled it by accident and it is pretty rough.

@Shevek, isn't kinick-kinick something invented by the Native Americans (kind of like tobacco smoking itself is originally a Native art form?) Very interesting that you used that as a way to quit; that's brilliant. You seem like a pretty resourceful guy.

I smoke pipe tobacco, but I don't do that at the moment since I moved back in with my parents & they don't really like tobacco smoke. I do not like smoking often because I don't want to get sick.
If you smoke a pipe you really do not want to inhale. The smoke tastes great but I've inhaled it by accident and it is pretty rough.

@Shevek, isn't kinick-kinick something invented by the Native Americans (kind of like tobacco smoking itself is originally a Native art form?) Very interesting that you used that as a way to quit; that's brilliant. You seem like a pretty resourceful guy.
I just got lucky on that one. A roommate's boyfriend had bought the kinick-kinick from a Native American craft store, hoping that his GF would quit tobacco with it, but she was not interested. It was mixed with other traditional herbs for a tasty smoke. However, just smoking black tea would probably work too, unless the caffeine is a problem.

I was badly snowed in one time, and it was the tobacco addicts that dug a trail out instead of waiting another week for a thaw.

I'm severely allergic to tobacco smoke. I literally start sounding like Darth Vader if I am within a block of anyone smoking. It also triggers major sensory meltdowns. (Migraines).

(The region where I grew up was one of the first cities in the country to go smoke free in all public venues. The city I moved to for college, same story.)

I have a sugar addiction, but so many sensitivities to things like tobacco, alcohol, and medications that it would have been an extremely stupid (and dangerous) move on my part to experiment with anything.

My dad was an avid smoke and died of highly aggressive lung cancer. (He would smoke outside when he had us for weekend visitations or would leave us with our grandparents, which was a solution everyone liked.)

Have quit many times. Have restarted many times.

I roll my own. Small, slim things.
Don't know how to work a pipe (of any description)
cigars too rough (and big) for me.
Can't afford cigarettes.
Couldn't decide which end to put the filter or light in a nicotine patch. Gave up trying :)

I have a choice, anxiety meds or cigarettes.
Sticking with self medicating.

Have quit many times. Have restarted many times.

I roll my own. Small, slim things.
Don't know how to work a pipe (of any description)
cigars too rough (and big) for me.
Can't afford cigarettes.
Couldn't decide which end to put the filter or light in a nicotine patch. Gave up trying :)

I have a choice, anxiety meds or cigarettes.
Sticking with self medicating.
The way to smoke a pipe isn't that hard.
Take a standard tobacco pipe. Start with a corncob or a cheap Dr Grabow briar pipe or something.
Then you take and get some tobacco--maybe your cigaret tobacco, but I would suggest something like a plain aromatic. Captain Black, Prince Albert, Mixture No. 79, Carter Hall--just a "drugstore" tobacco. Take a few pinches of that & stick it in the bowl. First pinch, pack loosely with a golf tee or similar. Second pinch somewhat tighter. Third pinch, rather tight, but not to where you can't draw air through the stem.
Put the pipe in your mouth, light a match, wait for the sulphur to burn off, and wave the match over the tobacco while you pull in quick short puffs of air, spitting it back out--you'll see the tobacco char. This is your first light. Throw away your match & light another. Then, continuing the quick short puffs, light your pipe.
Then you can smoke it. Don't smoke fast, don't aim it into your tongue, maybe drink water as you smoke, and as you draw the smoke in, you just enjoy the flavor of it, then breathe it back out.
I've never rolled a cigaret and have smoked exactly one in my life. It wasn't the most memorable of smokes.

Can't stand it. It never made sense to me why anyone would want to inhale burning plant matter - your lungs just aren't designed for that. No wonder so many smokers get lung and throat cancer.

Not only that, some smokers smoke indoors, forcing all others in the same room to also smoke, whether they want to or not. I've even seen people smoking around newborn babies. Though that's not really the tobacco's fault - certainly not the fault of the plant, which just wants to protect itself against being eaten and produces these toxic substances - it's the smoker who is at fault. And the smell is awful - I can't be in the same room as someone smoking.

New Threads

Top Bottom