• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

To what fictional character (s) can you relate?

Jessica Jones from the Netflix series. Not because she is autistic, though. Reasonably sure she's not.

[deep breath]

Hi, everyone. I'm Minty, and I project onto Kylo Ren like my life depends on it. Yes, he's kind of the human embodiment of a Hot Topic dumpster fire. And yet, aside from the murdering, he's pretty easy to relate to.

-We both come from a family of high expectations, absent yet overprotective parents, and being compared to other relatives.
-We both were dumped on another relative in early adolescence.
-We both spent about ten years in a deeply religious and emotionally repressive school situation.
-We both overreact badly to our own failures, things that ruin our plans, and not being listened to.
-We're both a little obsessed with Darth Vader ;)

I can only think of one and that is Mr. Spock from Star Trek: The Original Series and the 6 movies featuring the original cast that followed, played by the late Leonard Nimoy.

Mr. Spock also features in the more recent modern reboot movies where he's played by Zachary Quinto, the movies are well made, but it's just not the same and I no longer relate to the new version of the character. Leonard Nimoy does however make limited supporting appearances in a couple of modern reboots as the original incarnation of Mr. Spock with his last ever appearance of playing the character in Star Trek: Into Darkness in 2013 before his sad death in 2015 at 83 years of age, although even then he doesn't seem like the same character.

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015) RIP.

Last edited:
The one in my avatar, Cosima, the scientist clon in Orphan Black (I’m neither a scientist, nor gay, though).

Former WWE Superstar Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, except contrary to popular belief I'm NOT retarded.

Surprised in this 8 pages I didn't see MacGyver. That's close to me. I don't like guns and violence, I prefer to solve things with my brain. I prefer that everybody just get along. I prefer to live away from people and do things on my own time. I can understand most gadgets, and often accomplish things in a pinch with whatever's laying around. I'm not afraid to try something different, or that others say to avoid. I had a similar haircut in my early teens too, before I grew it long in the back.

Never been able to relate to any character! If there was any one remotely close to me it was Anne of Green Gables, because she was “different”

I especially relate to the Anne with an e version because had a traumatic past and was bullied and was sent away like trash

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-13_17-47-25.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-13_17-47-25.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0

New Threads

Top Bottom