• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

this update is really throwing me for a loop

What happened to the "return to the top of the page" arrow that used to appear at the bottom of the page?

I would be happier if programmer's would quit acting like designers and more like engineers standardize the look of the code, Excel drove me nuts with this.
they are not designing dresses, not time to make fashion statements. I always dreaded the excel update at work had to relearn every time.

This reminds me of designing machinery 90 years ago, should screws have left hand or right hand threads should a tractor have a hand brake or foot brake.

Thanks for the replies.
A moderator also said the same. Hover over the thumb.
It just doesn't work for me. Thumb icon gets larger, but, nothing else changes.
I have an old PC. Maybe that's the problem.
Apart from moving your mouse directly over the thumb icon, you must then drag your arrow until it meets the box, continuing to drag the arrow to the left, to click the icon of your choice. This particular mouseover function is a bit twitchy. Where one might experiment with increasing or decreasing their mouseover sensitivity through the OS. See if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, do you regularly clear your browser's cache? If not, try doing so. See if that particular "mouseover" function then works as it should.

Last edited:
The new layout seems great to me, but then again I'm a dork and I love change when it works out well.
I've only been posting on here for like a month or so but this update feels way more modern.

That whole emoji reaction thing or whatever it is... this is exactly the sort of thing I mean.

All this did was create extra steps for something that did not need them, for no purpose that could even remotely be described as "useful".

We have users here who are not at all familiar with computers and the Net and such, and adding more steps when they are not necessary just makes this even more confusing, and it's going to make people not want to use the site.

Like, seriously, WHY in the world would anyone think this change was necessary? Or a good idea at all? This seems like another "this other site did it, we should do it" change. When the method being mimicked is clearly not as good as the way it was previously done here.

Omigod the freaking quote function got altered too. I just spotted that. That change isnt as silly, unless you try removing one.

okay I clearly havent had my bloody caffeine yet, I get all agitated real easy when I havent had it, I should probably go have the stuff before talking about this further.

It takes a bit to get used to. Another site that I used switched over to this version of XenForo and it took me about two weeks to get used to the changes. It really isn’t so bad once you understand the changes.

Omigod the freaking quote function got altered too.

AAC15B02-4BFB-47E7-A911-AE2FE9D7335F.jpeg

On mobile you can click on this to switch over to how it looked like before. On PC I think it says something like BB code, and it’s easier to spot.

They changed the numbering system, for the threads page numbers reversed from previous, took my wife to figure it out. So heads up programmers do not count like the rest of us.

New Threads

Top Bottom