• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This character headcannon I have..

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
A while back, a user posted to my profile speculating that Butters Stotch from South Park could be on the autism spectrum. What do you think?

Butters Stotch | South Park Character / Location / User talk etc | Official South Park Studios Wiki (wiki page has instances of excessive swearing/adult content, so maybe don’t read unless you’re 16+.)

Summary without any swearing: sweet, eight/nine year old little boy that’s trying his best to be the sweetest he can be, has a bad home life thanks to his helicopter parents and chaotic friendships with those around him, especially one boy that likes to take advantage of him. Has a lot of quirks like saying “oh hamburgers” and doing a nervous hand stim (idk what to call it)

I've wondered that before, too. Even if not intentionally Autistic, he seems like the kind of TV character based on observations of Autistic people. Like the writers captured these "strange" qualities not knowing anything about Autism, but finding some behaviors interesting.

The "Sidler" from Seinfeld always made me feel that way too, probably because I unintentionally sneak up on people. (What's quiet to them is not to me, so I don't know how they don't hear me coming.)

I've wondered that before, too. Even if not intentionally Autistic, he seems like the kind of TV character based on observations of Autistic people. Like the writers captured these "strange" qualities not knowing anything about Autism, but finding some behaviors interesting.
Butters is based on Eric Stough, a producer working on South Park. Stough’s nicknames are Butters or little buddy. Watch the video below.

The "Sidler" from Seinfeld always made me feel that way too, probably because I unintentionally sneak up on people. (What's quiet to them is not to me, so I don't know how they don't hear me coming.)
Who's the Sidler? :O

New Threads

Top Bottom