• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thinking of buying a new vehicle.

disconnected

V.I.P Member
This is fun for others but extremely stressful for me.

I have a nice truck. It’s big. I previously used it for side jobs etc, but I dont anymore mostly.

It’s big and bad on fuel. I’m thinking of downsizing.

The WRX is very nice. It has a heavy duty clutch which takes some leg muscle to push. I really like the feel of the clutch versus my 5 speed Jetta which has a whimpy clutch so it's real hard to feel when it wants to engage. It's a nice all-around car. I am going to be in the market for a car come March. I don't really want to lease a car again but can't afford a huge car payment. My plan is to save up 4000-5000 and buy what I call an old man mobile: an older Mercury Grand Marquis or Ford Crown Vic with low miles.

Last edited:
If I could have afforded the WRX I would have gotten it. Instead I got the Impreza, which is nice as well. You really can’t go wrong with a Subaru.

At least Subaru still seems committed to manual transmissions in the US market. Virtually all other manufacturers tend to stock less than five percent of their cars having manuals.

Quite an unpleasant shock last year in looking for a new car and discovering how difficult it proved to score a 2018 car with a manual transmission.

If you want the best gas mileage, safety, reliabilty, resale value, low insurance rate, etc, etc, its the Honda Civic. (In small car class)

This is fun for others but extremely stressful for me.

You don't say? I can think of a whole list of things that are stressful for aspies, but are fun for NT's. And I'm sure that many others on this site think the same way too.

If you want the best gas mileage, safety, reliabilty, resale value, low insurance rate, etc, etc, its the Honda Civic. (In small car class)

The Civic may beat the Impreza is fuel economy due to the Impreza having all wheel drive. But when it comes to safety, reliability, and resale value, the Impreza wins.

Hondas are good cars, as are Toyotas. But Subarus are better.

I've always been a fan of Mitsubishi and currently love my manual transmission outlander sport. Roomy with excellent gas mileage. One of the complaints about the outlander sports has been that it takes off slow, but with the manual that's not a problem.

Automatics are so much easier to drive though.
If you're in traffic a lot I definitely would not recommend a manual, but I love my manual - I actually feel like I'm driving and not just relaxing in a moving vehicle. lol

If its off road your mainly interested in, the Trekol 6x6 looks like a contender.

trekol6.jpg

If its off road your mainly interested in, the Trekol 6x6 looks like a contender.

View attachment 47508

I know what I want for Christmas.

But seriously, I know we're talking Subarus here but let me throw my hat in the ring for Ford:

I drive a Ford Escape (V6 model). My mechanic (a friend) sold it to me. I was looking for a Honda for the gas mileage and reliability, plus the fact that it was front-wheel drive so it would be tolerable for the winter. So I was a little disappointed at a huge SUV, figuring the mileage would be crap.

Well, I did a little test, and found out the the Escape gets 26 MPG in four-wheel drive. That's insane to me, I've had trucks before with 4WD and usually they just guzzle gas in 4WD. But it made winter an absolute breeze, the thing is a tank and can just roll right through anything.

Though I am curious about the Subarus, what with their AWD standard but still getting good mileage. That must be nice.

New Threads

Top Bottom