• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thicc Alien seeking new planet

Thanks so much for all the responses, guys. I'm hoping I've finally figured "it" out. When I was young, I knew I was different, so I figured I'd grow up to be gay. Then I grew up, and no, I wasnt gay. Well, it must be that I'm a drug addict. Then I grew up, went into rehab (Alice in Chains, anyone?) and felt like an alien there too. I'm hoping this is finally the end of that journey. I don't mind being unusual, but I dont want to be the last of my kind.

yuh, you'll get invited into these communities initially, but ultimately they know we're not one of them and uh eventually we know it too.

Oh, heck yeah. Lifting is like my religion. I have a hard time not proselytizing. I think it could make a massive difference in the lives of ASD people. It has made a world of difference for me. I preach and teach whenever I can. Like other spectrum people, I could spend literal days talking about lifting and nutrition.

Yeah, denial is definitely a part of the picture. I havent "come out " to them, because of this. They have their own issues with anxiety that made them very distracted and aloof when I was young
I never forget the lesson! if you are \were a bodybuilder when you stop for whatever reason all the muscle turns to fat.
I learned that walking is the best exercise least impact.

It’d be a welcome thread topic, in my opinion anyhow. I’m all ears. :) Specifically nutrition & physical movement in the lives of those of us on the autism spectrum.

If that's something people would like, I definitely will some day soon. Eating properly can make a lot more difference in how you feel than most think. It is shocking. It can be intimidating, but it is a process I would love to attempt to guide people through

I never forget the lesson! if you are \were a bodybuilder when you stop for whatever reason all the muscle turns to fat.
I learned that walking is the best exercise least impact.

Covid was not kind to me, I lost probably 30lbs of muscle in a year. I'm back up a few lb, and still growing, so at least it comes back quickly! Walking is great; biking is great, too, as far as low Impact

Last edited:
Welcome

I would be interested in nutrition too. Do you approve of the morning blender drinks that the rich people do? It's like a 200 dollar blender, some sort of powder($) and lots of fresh organic stuff I think.( even more$)
I'm the guy who means well but often does it wrong. My food resources are limited. I have some physical challenges too, so all adaptive workouts. I have to take a cane to yoga clasd to get up off the mat, dang

I am trying to do better with nutrition, but it's hard. You can totally start your own threads, like whenever you want its ez
Also there is a blog space....

Welcome

I would be interested in nutrition too. Do you approve of the morning blender drinks that the rich people do? It's like a 200 dollar blender, some sort of powder($) and lots of fresh organic stuff I think.( even more$)
I'm the guy who means well but often does it wrong. My food resources are limited. I have some physical challenges too, so all adaptive workouts. I have to take a cane to yoga clasd to get up off the mat, dang

I am trying to do better with nutrition, but it's hard. You can totally start your own threads, like whenever you want its ez
Also there is a blog space....

Well, they absolutely have some value, but I think a little overvalued. It really depends on what you are trying to get from that meal. It also highly depends on what is in the shakes- are they more fruit/veggie "health" shakes, or are they protein/carb shakes for sustenance? It's a balance of convenience and cost. You pay more to have things prepared for you, and if you did it yourself instead, it would be a lot more work, but you would understand and learn better.

New Threads

Top Bottom