• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thicc Alien seeking new planet

PrinceOfFreaks

Hello, everyone. This is terrifying, but it's probably what I need to be doing. I am 28, and was recently diagnosed. My parents both have PHDs in psychology, and my mom is even an "expert" in ASD, yet I spent most of my childhood being ignored, especially my mental health issues. I believe this lead to me being in denial, "No way I can be autistic, my mom wouldve noticed." etc. It lead to a very confusing, painful childhood. I spent the preceding 28 years thinking I just had wicked anxiety problems, solving them with horrible methods: self harm, isolation, and then I got heavily addicted to heroin and benzos.

I cleaned up years ago, and got heavily into bodybuilding, which I credit for saving my life, and turning me into the thicc alien freak I am today. It completes me, and I am endlessly thankful I have found a healthy way to vent and prevent overstimulation.

Cannabis has been my other saving grace. It may not be perfect, but it has been 10x as helpful as any prescription with 1/100th the side effects. I fantasize about starting a (potentially underground, considering USA laws) non profit helping parents with autistic kids by providing them with information and locally grown cannabis. I have seen it work miracles in severe ASD, and I believe it is one of the few ways for me to bring positivity and love to the creatures here, considering my very limited, unique skill set.

I have spent far too long in the normal human world, developing gross human habits, and I am ready to move on to bigger and better things. I am ready to accept I am an alien, and to head my own direction. Problem is, I have no idea which direction to head. I'm here to listen and learn. No advice is too simple; no story is too pointless.

Hope everyone is having a comfy day. Thanks for reading

Last edited:
97bda34dd5f3b5f1776cbc0f830dff3c.png

The direction to head is truly being yourself ,not masking, you'll get to the point where you can't do anything else, a percentage of parents give their children cbd oil which is very helpful apparently .

Cannabis has been my other saving grace. It may not be perfect, but it has been 10x as helpful as any prescription with 1/100th the side effects. I fantasize about starting a (potentially underground, considering USA laws) non profit helping parents with autistic kids by providing them with information and locally grown cannabis. I have seen it work miracles in severe ASD, and I believe it is one of the few ways for me to bring positivity and love to the creatures here, considering my very limited, unique skill set.

I have spent far too long in the normal human world, developing gross human habits, and I am ready to move on to bigger and better things. I am ready to accept I am an alien, and to head my own direction.
Greetings, fellow alien. Welcome.

Totally agree about the green herb. I too have seen it have extraordinary effects without the side effects of big pharma meds. There are several threads about this on here, but you might find a reaction from some as they have some fear of THC and want us to know.

I hope you do bring positivity and love to the creatures here. Nice to make your acquaintance.

Hello, everyone. This is terrifying, but it's probably what I need to be doing. I am 28, and was recently diagnosed. My parents both have PHDs in psychology, and my mom is even an "expert" in ASD, yet I spent most of my childhood being ignored, especially my mental health issues. I believe this lead to me being in denial, "No way I can be autistic, my mom wouldve noticed." etc. It lead to a very confusing, painful childhood. I spent the preceding 28 years thinking I just had wicked anxiety problems, solving them with horrible methods: self harm, isolation, and then I got heavily addicted to heroin and benzos.

I cleaned up years ago, and got heavily into bodybuilding, which I credit for saving my life, and turning me into the thicc alien freak I am today. It completes me, and I am endlessly thankful I have found a healthy way to vent and prevent overstimulation.

I have spent far too long in the normal human world, developing gross human habits, and I am ready to move on to bigger and better things. I am ready to accept I am an alien, and to head my own direction. Problem is, I have no idea which direction to head. I'm here to listen and learn. No advice is too simple; no story is too pointless.

My parents are similar, very highly educated, and they ignored any signs of ASD, ADHD, anxiety, and depression in me. However, they got my sister diagnosed at a young age with ADHD, go figure. When I was finally diagnosed at 28, and told them, they basically told me to not use it as an excuse and that I was "fine". :unamused:

Welcome! Ps----is Delta 8 available where you are? Delta 9 is regular thc and delta 8 is the same with the double bond just on another area. It is 75% less powerful as Delta 9 but does the same. I am with you on that. Cannabis being illegal is nothing short of criminal. Stay well, new friend, and again, welcome!

Welcome

Thank you for sharing your story.
You write very well.

I agree with and encourage you to help us ASD people. Would exercise of some sort be incorporated?

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Sounds like you had a tough time as a child and young adult, sorry to hear that. Do you think your parents are on the spectrum too? I hope you are ablessed to be independent of them now, that makes life easier usually.

:seedling::blossom::palmtree::sunflower::herb::beetle::leafwind::bug:

Welcome! :)

I too, was heavily into athletics and lifting from an early age. It sort of started out as a way to deal with being a skinny little nerd and getting picked on. By 10th grade, I could outlift everyone in school, and set the school record with a bench press of 405lbs raw my senior year (nobody did squats or deadlifts back then). Played NCAA division 2 football, but no further. Played around in the gym for years, then found powerlifting at the age of 40. I did UPA raw and had set and reset 11 national records over the course of 5 years,...then injuries and life got in the way,...now I just lift for fun and just to keep in some sort of shape.

I wasn't diagnosed until I was 52. Made everything in my life make sense. I can definitely understand why many of us feel like we are not Homo sapiens, but perhaps a hybrid of some sort of ancient alien-human genetic experiment. As one may say, "I march to the beat of a different drummer" and I am much happier not trying to fit into society's norms and expectations. I do have to mask quite a bit because I do work in a busy hospital and deal with the public,...however,...my co-workers know I am autistic, so I do get a bit a "grace" sometimes. One may think that with over 50 years of life experience I would have some idea of understanding the thought processes of neurotypicals, but pretty much every day is a learning experience,...and I still don't understand them or what their primary motives are. I have come to accept this and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Good to have you here. Parking is always free in the outer space loading dock except for holidays.

Welcome, many of us use exercise to cope with this planet's requirements of living with nuerotypicals.

Welcome to the forum, fellow alien!

Cannabis has also helped me a great deal! I'm taking a breather from it currently but it has done more for me than therapy and prescription drugs ever have. Both have their place and there are of course people that do really well on them, but they don't work for everybody. Cannabis is a wonderful medicine, and I hope that your goals to use it to help others can be realized.

afs64.jpg

Welcome! We of the Emerald planet salute you! As far as direction we have no idea either! So we sometimes settle for just looking spectacular!

;)

Wow!

You think maybe your parents realized you were on the spectrum but couldn't deal with it and went into denial? One or both of them may have been on the spectrum as well.

When I was youngster, I got into bodybuilding and recreational shooting and they really helped me improve my self-image. I had a picture of myself as a useless wimp.

I got into nudism and suddenly my childhood urge to run around naked changed from feeling like I belonged nowhere need to being cool.

I also used hallucinogens and pot as self-medication because it was the only option around. And because I enjoyed them. They did help me get through some tough times. I grew out of it in my 30s when I actually developed a life to live. I only smoke pot maybe a couple of times a year now. I'm sure my lungs thank me.

Welcome

Thank you for sharing your story.
You write very well.

I agree with and encourage you to help us ASD people. Would exercise of some sort be incorporated?

Oh, heck yeah. Lifting is like my religion. I have a hard time not proselytizing. I think it could make a massive difference in the lives of ASD people. It has made a world of difference for me. I preach and teach whenever I can. Like other spectrum people, I could spend literal days talking about lifting and nutrition.

Wow!

You think maybe your parents realized you were on the spectrum but couldn't deal with it and went into denial? One or both of them may have been on the spectrum as well.

When I was youngster, I got into bodybuilding and recreational shooting and they really helped me improve my self-image. I had a picture of myself as a useless wimp.

I got into nudism and suddenly my childhood urge to run around naked changed from feeling like I belonged nowhere need to being cool.

I also used hallucinogens and pot as self-medication because it was the only option around. And because I enjoyed them. They did help me get through some tough times. I grew out of it in my 30s when I actually developed a life to live. I only smoke pot maybe a couple of times a year now. I'm sure my lungs thank me.

Yeah, denial is definitely a part of the picture. I havent "come out " to them, because of this. They have their own issues with anxiety that made them very distracted and aloof when I was young

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all the responses, guys. I'm hoping I've finally figured "it" out. When I was young, I knew I was different, so I figured I'd grow up to be gay. Then I grew up, and no, I wasnt gay. Well, it must be that I'm a drug addict. Then I grew up, went into rehab (Alice in Chains, anyone?) and felt like an alien there too. I'm hoping this is finally the end of that journey. I don't mind being unusual, but I dont want to be the last of my kind.

My parents are similar, very highly educated, and they ignored any signs of ASD, ADHD, anxiety, and depression in me. However, they got my sister diagnosed at a young age with ADHD, go figure. When I was finally diagnosed at 28, and told them, they basically told me to not use it as an excuse and that I was "fine". :unamused:

Very sorry to hear that! What a bunch of buttheads. I know that feeling of having a sibling get great care while being mostly neglected myself. Not pleasant.

It has made a world of difference for me. I preach and teach whenever I can. Like other spectrum people, I could spend literal days talking about lifting and nutrition.
It’d be a welcome thread topic, in my opinion anyhow. I’m all ears. :) Specifically nutrition & physical movement in the lives of those of us on the autism spectrum.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom