• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

There should be such thing as Distortion Reality Spectrum Disorder

Oz67

I think there should be Distortion Reality Spectrum Disorder.

Distortion Spectrum Reality Disorder:

Distortion Spectrum Reality Disorder are groups of mental, neurodevelopmental or neurogenic disorders that causes los or dissociation from reality. The symptoms of severe or profound impaired reality tests, and the symptoms of psychosis includes odd or delusional beliefs, unusual perceptions or hallucinations usual or disorganized speech, and if psychosis is so extreme, it includes lack of understanding right from wrong and impulse control.

Delusion or odd beliefs: A fixed false belief despite what almost everyone else beliefs and in the light evidence to the countrary and not normal in person's subcultures. With severe delusions, you have anosognosia, but with mild delusions, known as odd beliefs, you can have double book keeping and be self-aware thar something is wrong with you.

Hallucination or unusual perception: Unusual phenomena of a sensory organs in any frontal lobe that causes precaution that is not based on person's subcultures and evidence to thr countrary. With severe hallucinations, you have anosognosia, but with mild hallucinations, you can be self-aware that there is something wrong with you.

Unusual or disorganized speech:

Unusual speech patterns or word salads.

Psychosis level 1:

Odd beliefs, usual perceptions, odd speech and lack of social skills

Psychosis level 2:

Delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech and lack of social skills

Psychosis level 3:

Lack of understanding right from wrong, including lack of impulse control.

With delusions and hallucinations, and or both, you are still legally sane, unless symptoms of psychosis was related to criminal behaviors, and that is psychosis level 3.

Anosognosia: groups of mental health, neurodevelopmental and neurogenic disorders that is severe enough to lose self-awareness and completely not recognize, disconnect or dissociate from reality.

"Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders" should be renamed to Distortion Reality Spectrum Disorder.

You really should take some online courses and get a degree and apply for research money to validate this. These ideas could be a thesis but you have to sign up for school. Online in psychology courses us very possible. And this is definitely your special interest and passion.

There are many papers and theories already about psychosis being a spectrum maybe you should read some of them they might be interesting to you.

What are the differences between this and schizophrenia? Or is it just a name change and the criteria is what's already there?

What are the differences between this and schizophrenia? Or is it just a name change and the criteria is what's already there?
Right now, there is Schizotypal Personality Disorder, Delusional Disorder, Brief Psychotic Disorder, Schizophremiform Disorder, Schizophrenia and Schizoeffective Disorder.

Is there a difference between experiencing psychosis and experiencing delusions? I’m not trying to be rude, I’m actually asking because I don’t know.

I’m wondering because I know some people irl that I would definitely describe as delusional but not necessarily psychotic. Like they have very odd beliefs that don’t seem to align with reality, but they don’t (to my knowledge) hallucinate and are not schizophrenic.

Is there a difference between experiencing psychosis and experiencing delusions? I’m not trying to be rude, I’m actually asking because I don’t know.

I’m wondering because I know some people irl that I would definitely describe as delusional but not necessarily psychotic. Like they have very odd beliefs that don’t seem to align with reality, but they don’t (to my knowledge) hallucinate and are not schizophrenic.
Delusional Disorder is a partial psychosis, meaning you don't have other psychotic symptoms.

Yes, it's in the umbrella of psychosis.
I think the DSM-V wants to keep it that way- under an umbrella of definitions under that particular category rather than to individualize much of any of them. One can argue the point all they want, but in the end the DSM-V still controls the process when it comes to both definitions and categories.

Ultimately a point best made by arguing with them and not us as it's literally academic what we may think.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom