• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The world is fancy, too fancy?

Billthecat

V.I.P Member
I'm not in the right mood to post, I've waited almost half an hour to prevent posting something too poisonous.

I'm tired of people just look at the appearance, usually their word got the same value of monopoli banknotes.

If someone needs more than 6 seconds to be clothed in the morning, better skip this thread right now.

It takes these creaky old bones more than 6 seconds to get dressed.

I politely disagree that appearances don't count. To get to the point of learning somebody's personality, values, ideas, and interests, that non-appearance part, requires one to at least present a decent appearance, not "go away" or "I don't care." Though I had an exception. While my future spouse and I struck up a friendship having frequent phone conversations, I showed up at her doorstep after suffering a festival of mud during a downpour in a quarry I was fossil collecting at. I was bedraggled, and wearing a mickey mouse wife beater, cutoffs, and muddy boots. She said I looked harmless. As Jimmy Buffet said:
"But the right word at the right time
May get me a little hug
That's the difference between lightning
And a harmless lightning bug"

It takes these creaky old bones more than 6 seconds to get dressed.

I politely disagree that appearances don't count. To get to the point of learning somebody's personality, values, ideas, and interests, that non-appearance part, requires one to at least present a decent appearance, not "go away" or "I don't care." Though I had an exception. While my future spouse and I struck up a friendship having frequent phone conversations, I showed up at her doorstep after suffering a festival of mud during a downpour in a quarry I was fossil collecting at. I was bedraggled, and wearing a mickey mouse wife beater, cutoffs, and muddy boots. She said I looked harmless. As Jimmy Buffet said:
"But the right word at the right time
May get me a little hug
That's the difference between lightning
And a harmless lightning bug"
Jimmy has more wisdom in his songs than most people do in their books.

I solve that problem with not getting dressed until I have warmed up a bit. Body doesn't move that well in the morning.

It sounds like somebody is forcing you to post. If you're not in the right mood to post, why would posting even be on your mind?

I own sets of identical outfits and therefore wear the "same thing" every day.

I take less than three minutes to get ready in the morning (not counting showering) and I hardly ever wear makeup.
I wake up, shower, put on clothes, brush my teeth, put on deodorant, brush my hair, and that’s it.

I don’t really care if people find me attractive or not. I don’t care enough to put in a lot of effort either lol. Unless I’m actually going out to a restaurant or a nightclub, then I’ll probably dress up or something.

I’m pretty rigid about hygiene though. I don’t like it when I don’t feel clean.

Sadly, l could live in the exact same dress and shoes and one pair of cute jeans, and sweater top, and be quite content. But society dictates different standards for woman.

Sadly most of my life I’ve wished worse of my physical appearance to discourage those heartless folks from approach.. I don’t take care of myself all that well but keep at least semi-presentable for the sake of my wife and my business associates.. I don’t change attire unless prodded to or having necessity to.. my overall appearance hasn’t changed for longer than I can track aside from the growth to mountain man and back.

Appearance has never been a prerequisite standard as to how I adopt to how someone appears in my eyes, often times finding the best people in the discards of social acceptance.

To the dismay of my wife and family alike, I often take direct notice of such people even within the abundance of crowds and nearly always gravitate to them as it seems they always have something of interest that others don’t seem to care to see.

I’ve often found it quite odd to always take notice of, I guess kinda like radar? Almost always denoted to me as the wrong people, yet nearly always found to be some of the best.

I guess it can be hard for many to understand but I am far more comfortable sitting down in a shelter with homeless and downtrodden or having a coffee with the eccentric or even an erratic stranger, than I am catering to clients or family even.

I’ve probably made mention but was scorned by many when growing up for befriending a local schizophrenic gentleman who preferred to live in the streets peddling for change and cigarettes, while nearly the entire community poked fun as he argued with signs and cars on the daily, appearing violent and aggressive but truly harmless.

I later learned of his past and family, their residence just a walk up the road from my own home where my own family bought fresh vegetables from his parents every year.

He became quite a celebrity in Durham Region, most notably because of the fun people had at his expense.. eventually he got run out of every town because of vagrancy, solicitation and public complaint.

Sometimes he was actually provided proper care.. but he never stuck to his medications, I don’t profess to know why, just that he was an -extreme- gentleman in the most literal sense when he was on them, in both appearance and demeanour.

Society has obscene standards.. don’t fall into the misconception of how things should be, just look after yourself, treat others as you would want to be and leave the rest to the turn of the days.

I'm not in the right mood to post, I've waited almost half an hour to prevent posting something too poisonous.

I'm tired of people just look at the appearance, usually their word got the same value of monopoli banknotes.

If someone needs more than 6 seconds to be clothed in the morning, better skip this thread right now.
Unintentional but these are great lyrics you've written here.

The world is definitely too fancy… For me.

I’ve always been able to commit to casual and comfortable for myself, but there was pressure to “dress up“ at work. Now, all I can say is I am so grateful for the work uniform - simplifies each morning into 2.5 seconds.

I’m with Luca, I just like to feel clean and comfortable.

But then again, I just want to add that there really should be no shade for people who put a lot of effort into appearances. I know ladies who wear tons of make up, and although I never would do that it really is quite a skill and a passion of theirs, so who am I to sit here and think it’s silly. Clothing is an avenue for self expression and even art, so I think it’s fun when people have a certain look. Even though, I am not like that myself.

At work we have a dress code. Fortunately, my father was a tailor and taught me how to dress for my profession. Otherwise, I would be lost.

For me, comfort trumps any other reason why I would dress a certain way. For example, I don’t like wool or synthetics. Give me a plain cotton T-shirt and a pair of jeans and I am good to go.

Let's say there were quadruplet (four) females with the exact same personality who wanted to date me. The first wore makeup and had fancy expensive looking clothes. The second was wearing barely nothing at all, with nearly everything hanging out or able to be seen. The third had very bad hygiene, looked unkept and had very dirty clothing, looking like they were living in a dumpster. And the fourth looked ok, with clean but modest or comfortable attire.

Well, this story would be fiction, as it would be nearly impossible to have those four with the same personality, based on the way I described the four, as they naturally would have different character traits then.. But, if it was still true, that all had the same sweet and caring personality, I'd want to date not all four, as one is enough for me, but I'd want to date number Four. The reason is because of perception. As I am not into judging persons by their bodies, or too much into sex or physical appearance, and as I am very modest, but not unkempt too, I'd want to be seen that way too.

I think you can do both.

I typically wear the same type and color of clothes and have been doing this for decades. In the cooler/colder months I like wearing khaki shirts and pants in the typical khaki color made of cotton. In the warmer months it’s the same khaki colors, but in a lighter synthetic material

These khaki outfits are always clean, but can often times be a bit wrinkled. I once had a female friend comment that I perpetually looked like a reused paper lunch bag. And after that, my new nickname was ‘Lunch Bag’.

On other occasions when I am going out with my beautiful wife, I do dress up in a finely tailored suit and tie.

I like that we have a choice in how we dress, but I will always prefer going the Lunch Bag route versus the suite and tie.

I have mixed feelings. I am not a fancy dresser by nature. More ulitarian. But I can appreciate when others look nice or just really cool dressing in various ways. Military dress and uniforms are also part of my lifelong interest in the military. I think the French have a certain flair and are a good gauge as to what the well dressed soldier is wearing this year on the battlefield.

888.jpg

The French Foriegn Legion is particulary stylish, and their Chem Warfare Suits set the standard for apocalyptic chique.

main_1500.jpg

;)

Apparently, autistic girls take more care about real values than the look.

But the outside world is a bunch of crap, with golden teeth.

New Threads

Top Bottom