• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Witching Hour (AKA 3 AM)

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Have you ever been sleeping so soundly, lost in a dream, a world made by your own mind, that you don't even know you're exploring? You're just swiftly enjoying a heaven made by your cortex, a culmination of thoughts that stir themselves into a brew of creativity, not caring that it's not reality?

Then, without any warning, without the first thought that anything's wrong...

POOF. It's gone.

And now you're awake. Wide awake and feeling like you just slept a full eight hours.

But what's that? You glance at the blinds of your bedroom window and surely enough, it still haunts the air with the fur of a black cat, dark as the moon's face gazing upon the sleeping world around you.

Confused, and asking yourself why you're up at this ungodly time, you wrestle your phone out of your pocket, click the power button to lighten up the screen and look at the time on your lock screen...

3:20 AM, it says.

Only then do you notice something vastly different, something wrong with the air; it is cold, and unyielding, and you don't know if it's just your hazy mind playing lucid tricks on you, but you can just faintly, barely see the candlelight flames of the spirits of the newly dead floating around, fluttering, wondering where they are. Light blue, soft and grayish-blue spheres of energy that you somehow know belonged to people. Could they be....souls?

That's when you faintly hear the whispering. And you're certain that your mother, or your stepfather, would believe you when you tell them you could hear a faint whispering in your sleep, they have been known to be quite spiritual. You are spiritual yourself, with the added bonus of being a Starseed, one who can evoke these things for different purposes.

But who can say that THEY'RE what's making packages of food fall off the cubby in the mini-kitchen?

Who's to say that some of them want to speak to you? What would they want?

You can't really tell...

"...and you can't see the sun, can you, child?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides that little POV of my view of being up late, has anyone else heard of the Witching hour? It comes around 3 AM, and it's origin comes from the time after dark that witches, wizards, invokers, evokers and other magic-users of the sort would practice their craft, they chose this time because it's when energy levels, magick forces and metaphysical properties are at their highest strengths and intensities.

I mainly posted this because I still have a lot to learn about being a light body, mainly, why do I keep spontaneously waking up at three in the morning? It wasn't a problem before, and it still isn't, but why does it happen? I'm not suffering any major health issues, and I go to bed at reasonable hours.

So what's waking me up? I often have characters in dreams bug me relentlessly until eventually telling me "Wake up! Wake up already!" and there I am. Fully awake. But why does it happen?

The Devil’s Hour: The Real Reason You Feel Spooked At 3 AM Revealed

That light sleep after the deep.
The different reasons are explained in the link.
Not to mention The Tesla Code of 3 and the magic mighty number 9.

Orbs? The recently deceased's souls?
You mean these guys?
orbNbasement.jpg
Watchers that may incarnate. :eek:
The world of the finer energies...yep, it's a Thriller!
And time to go to sleep. :D

You saw one?!
Yes! Yes, they looked exactly like that! I've seen those! They're all over the place around me sometimes!
Finally! Finally someone doesn't think I'm crazy! Somebody believes me!

So, these little balls of energy really are deceased souls? I wonder why that one has no color?

The ones I see are usually blue or violet, or have some kind of cool hue. I once caught one just floating still beside me while I was on the computer one night. I could feel a coolness to my right, and saw a little sphere just like that one in the picture, but before I could get a good look, it burst into a ring of energy and dissipated.

Does that mean it was a deceased soul that was being taken to an afterlife?
Or was it being...

The wee early hours of the morning are often, for me, my most creative, my mind is less foggy, I can recall with the greatest clarity, etc... if I have any thinking that needs doing, 3am is a really good time to do it.

I remember the time I had to leep in my mom's room because I was certain a demonic rat was going to get me at 3:00 in the morning.

I not only wake up at 3:00 AM but also at 1AM and 2AM, probably at 4 & 5 as well. And all points in between. Why? Well part of the time it is to go the bathroom. It is a old man thing. But most of the time it is to check the time. We have very large digital clock on the dresser close to my side of the bed. I check the time 6 or 7 time a night. During the day I always wear a watch so that I can see what time it is. If I break the watch, I go buy new one right away. I have to know what time it is at any given point. Why? Beats me. At this point of my life I do not have much of a schedule. My wife keeps track of our doctors appointments and any other appointments. All that I have to remember is to do what she tells me to do. It is just one of my Aspie ways I guess.

I wake up several times through the night, too. And, sounds like that clock in your head is telling you to wake up at 3. I could always tell myself what time I wanted to wake up, set my alarm just in case, but always wake up before the alarm would go off.
As far as the other. For several months things were going on here at home that I could not explain. Something would just fall off a shelf for no reason and I could not justify it. In middle of the night I'd be woke up with a loud noise and something had fallen off a shelf. I'd think, "What the heck?" put it back and go back to sleep. Several times I would think I saw a shadow pass by but nothing would be there. And a few times would feel a touch. Not long ago I was sitting here at my computer and it felt like someone had snuck up behind me and put their hand on my left shoulder (and it was just a light touch). It startled me, I could see a shadow as I turned to is and quickly brushed it away with my right hand, actually feeling something solid. There was nothing anywhere that I could find, nothing. And the dog would be barking at a corner or some direction that there would be nothing for him to be barking at.
So while driving my grandson to work because his car had broken down, I was telling him I thought the house was haunted and laughed. His eyes got big and he said, "Uh oh". He said he and his friend were starting to think the same thing because they kept hearing unexplained noises and one of their friends was here one day and claimed someone had touched her leg but nothing was there.
I thought it was kind of funny (ghosts just don't scare me) and my son had come down and I told him and we were laughing about it. I did remind him that his father in law did threaten to haunt everyone. Odd thing is, it seems to have stopped after that.

I don't mind waking up suddenly from a Rapid Eye Movement (REM) session of sleep....unless it involves a Hypnopompic Hallucination. Where you experience confusion and even stress as the result of a transition between a dream state and reality all mixed together as one is simply waking up.

Though in my case when this does happen on occasion, I tend to vividly recall the dream. But this is more likely to occur close to when I would normally wake up as well. Although on occasion it has happened around that 3 am time frame.

If you drink alcoholic beverages at night, you tend to wake up at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m., feeling thirsty and needing to go to the bathroom, after your liver and kidneys have processed the alcohol.

UberScout - You sleep with a cell phone in your pocket? How unusual.

If you drink alcoholic beverages at night, you tend to wake up at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m., feeling thirsty and needing to go to the bathroom, after your liver and kidneys have processed the alcohol.

UberScout - You sleep with a cell phone in your pocket? How unusual.
Not drinking alcohol, too. :)

Not drinking alcohol, too. :)

Very true! One of my cats tries to wake me up about 3:00 a.m. every morning by sitting on me and gently clawing my face or eyes with only one nail extended. She drives me nuts at night and really messes up my sleep patterns.

I've heard of the witching hour because my conspiracy theorist brother is obsessed with that sort of stuff and says that's when demons are strongest and more able to possess you.

I wake up around that time every night, and I'm scared of everything then. No matter how illogical I know it is during the day, I'm still jumpy when I wake up then. :eek:

Have you ever been sleeping so soundly, lost in a dream, a world made by your own mind, that you don't even know you're exploring? You're just swiftly enjoying a heaven made by your cortex, a culmination of thoughts that stir themselves into a brew of creativity, not caring that it's not reality?

Then, without any warning, without the first thought that anything's wrong...

POOF. It's gone.

And now you're awake. Wide awake and feeling like you just slept a full eight hours.

But what's that? You glance at the blinds of your bedroom window and surely enough, it still haunts the air with the fur of a black cat, dark as the moon's face gazing upon the sleeping world around you.

Confused, and asking yourself why you're up at this ungodly time, you wrestle your phone out of your pocket, click the power button to lighten up the screen and look at the time on your lock screen...

3:20 AM, it says.

Only then do you notice something vastly different, something wrong with the air; it is cold, and unyielding, and you don't know if it's just your hazy mind playing lucid tricks on you, but you can just faintly, barely see the candlelight flames of the spirits of the newly dead floating around, fluttering, wondering where they are. Light blue, soft and grayish-blue spheres of energy that you somehow know belonged to people. Could they be....souls?

That's when you faintly hear the whispering. And you're certain that your mother, or your stepfather, would believe you when you tell them you could hear a faint whispering in your sleep, they have been known to be quite spiritual. You are spiritual yourself, with the added bonus of being a Starseed, one who can evoke these things for different purposes.

But who can say that THEY'RE what's making packages of food fall off the cubby in the mini-kitchen?

Who's to say that some of them want to speak to you? What would they want?

You can't really tell...

"...and you can't see the sun, can you, child?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides that little POV of my view of being up late, has anyone else heard of the Witching hour? It comes around 3 AM, and it's origin comes from the time after dark that witches, wizards, invokers, evokers and other magic-users of the sort would practice their craft, they chose this time because it's when energy levels, magick forces and metaphysical properties are at their highest strengths and intensities.

I mainly posted this because I still have a lot to learn about being a light body, mainly, why do I keep spontaneously waking up at three in the morning? It wasn't a problem before, and it still isn't, but why does it happen? I'm not suffering any major health issues, and I go to bed at reasonable hours.

So what's waking me up? I often have characters in dreams bug me relentlessly until eventually telling me "Wake up! Wake up already!" and there I am. Fully awake. But why does it happen?
I prefer to call it the Haunting hour and i usually sleep through it but I do want to try being awake for it when i find the time to try it.

I've read that it's not necessarily indicative of a problem, that it's normal to wake up, that there could be some sort of evolutionary reason, in-between sleep cycles, change of positions, etc. and assuming you can go back to sleep pretty fast, isn't a bad thing. :)

I could always tell myself what time I wanted to wake up, set my alarm just in case, but always wake up before the alarm would go off.
I'm the same and can't find a scientific reason why I'm able to do this.
I've never used an alarm.
The way I do it is to look at the wall clock before falling asleep, tell my mind to wake me at a certain
time and it does.
It doesn't work if I don't look at the clock though before sleep.

I'm not superstitious about certain times having a magical meaning.
I didn't know about the 'witching hour' or 'devil hour' until I looked it up and found the link.
I'm just not superstitious period.
But, I've had some coincidences that seemed more than coincidences.

As far as the orbs and ghosts, I've seen many orbs and have captured them in photos.
At age nine I lived in a rented house with my parents and we all had the same experiences
of an entity co-habitating there.
I don't fear any of these. If they are concious forms of higher energy levels, they are what they are.
There is much unknown of existence and conciousness.
It is an area of interest and I took classes on parapsychology and metaphysics later in life.

Oh, my first pet was a black cat and the closest pet of my life was....a black cat. :rolleyes:

I'm the same and can't find a scientific reason why I'm able to do this.
I've never used an alarm.
The way I do it is to look at the wall clock before falling asleep, tell my mind to wake me at a certain
time and it does.
It doesn't work if I don't look at the clock though before sleep.

I'm not superstitious about certain times having a magical meaning.
I didn't know about the 'witching hour' or 'devil hour' until I looked it up and found the link.
I'm just not superstitious period.
But, I've had some coincidences that seemed more than coincidences.

As far as the orbs and ghosts, I've seen many orbs and have captured them in photos.
At age nine I lived in a rented house with my parents and we all had the same experiences
of an entity co-habitating there.
I don't fear any of these. If they are concious forms of higher energy levels, they are what they are.
There is much unknown of existence and conciousness.
It is an area of interest and I took classes on parapsychology and metaphysics later in life.

Oh, my first pet was a black cat and the closest pet of my life was....a black cat. :rolleyes:
Yes, I'm not superstitious either and wasn't really thinking about 'the witching hour' since, anything I've ever experienced has been at different time. I lived in a really old (but cool) house and every night, at the exact same time, like 11:23, or some odd time like that, there was the same noise coming from an upstairs room. Sounded like a whimper then someone getting up and taking a few steps. My husband wouldn't stay in the house alone, but it didn't bother me.

New Threads

Top Bottom